🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

steelhealr

Hug a mod Nano Reef Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Interesting but sad:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20100307/sc_mcclatchy/3444187

SH

its one of those things that makes you wonder what the human race is really capable of destroying, :sad: and how are we as a whole going to attempt to fix this... thanks for sharing this

I don't think it's as simple as blaming humans for destroying things.

much of out current global warming (which is the only thing it cites as a possible cause) is being blamed on our current CO2 emmissions, which while I'm sure they're having a major impact, at the moment, we haven't seen any o that impact, sure we've had floods and stuff which have been blamed on it, but the temp increase the world has seen is still within what should be expected, we're still on the warmup from the last ice age, and given a few more thousand years we'll be cooling down nicely again, it's a cycle. many scientists have argued against CO2 being blamed and having all the focus, and all have been silenced pretty quickly because as people, we need something to blame for what is happening, we can't remember a time with floods like that, so SOMETHING must have caused them....

I'mnot saying that we haven't got any blame at all, I'm pretty sure that CO2 and everything DOES have it's part to play, and we still need to act on it before it does get out of hand, but we can't just blame that for everything.

basically, the article seems to say that it may be because of global warming.

that says to me "we don't have a clue why this is happening" when they do find out exactly what the cause is, I'd be interested to know.

Most reactions

trending

Back