Love - Hate Relationship

Flinkbag

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all! 

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I just wanted to show off my Purple Spotted Gudgeon, Dobby, and my Firemouth Cichlid, Susan. They're practically inseparable, yet tend to squabble with each other like an old married couple. Its more just displays than anything else. I guess thats just what happens when you put two pretty boys together haha :p But here they are, the Bromance Duo, as I like to call them. BTW if anyone knows what that small dot is on Susan's pectoral fin, I'd love to know. 

Attachments

• dobsue.jpg
    dobsue.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 423
That Firemouth is stunning.

I guess thats just what happens when you put two pretty boys together haha
If I was Dobby I would pick on Susan just because he has a girls name. Yes I was a bully at school.

Ignore my response to you on that other thread, this is a fine spot too. They're gorgeous! :wub:

That is nice to see, gudgeons generally are pretty peaceful, its just when it comes to anything small enough to fit in thier mouth that they eat it. No malice on their part intended, they are just gluttons and tempting morsals are too tempting morsals.

NickAu said:

I guess thats just what happens when you put two pretty boys together haha
If I was Dobby I would pick on Susan just because he has a girls name. Yes I was a bully at school.

Haha yeah I named him Susan, then realised he was clearly a male... And its normally Susan who picks on Dobby, but Dobby will let Susan know when he's tired of his s**t XD
Baccus said:
That is nice to see, gudgeons generally are pretty peaceful, its just when it comes to anything small enough to fit in thier mouth that they eat it. No malice on their part intended, they are just gluttons and tempting morsals are too tempting morsals.
Yeah Dobby isnt an aggressive fish, but man, he will definitely go for a fish if its small enough. I went away for a weekend, so i did buy him some feeder fish to tide him over until i got back (I am not a big advocate for feeder fish, but he doesn't go for those feeder blocks like the others do...) and wow, he ate 3 in about 10 minutes after i put them in D: He's a very hungry fishy... 

And Ninjouzata thanks man! :D Im glad I found the right section, I feared a moderator would move my post and tell me off haha :p 
NickAu said:
That Firemouth is stunning.
And I totally agree. :D Its breeding season right now, so I think thats why he's a little more colourful (and territorial) than usual, but oh my gosh, such a beautiful fish. Im very tempted to breed him, as i have some people who would totally love fry of his, but I'm a beginner fish keeper, and have never bred fish before, so I don't know if its a wise decision... All I can do is try I guess, but theres no telling if he would even spawn with a female, let alone get along with one :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back