Lots of pics from all tanks....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
and my red whip tail

Attachments

• DSCN3905.JPG
    DSCN3905.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 28
sorry about the bad pic of him, he's so small!!

and the actual tank after the re-vamp

Attachments

• DSCN3875.JPG
    DSCN3875.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 31
your platys are pregnant! ;)
Did you know?
I hope you have lots of hiding spaces for them. And if you did not know.
Do not put the lights on.
Put the fry in a well airiated tank with small heater,undergravel filter and a sheer of gravel on the bottom of the tank.
Never put a fluval 1/2/3 1plus/2plus/3plus, no external filters as they will be chopped into fishbits. :/
put in soft plants, like fake java moss/ fern/ floting ferns.

coral

one of the our resident red tailed catfish in the shop and i think i'ved covered everyone!!

Attachments

• DSCN3891.JPG
    DSCN3891.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 35
Coral platy said:
Did you know?
Put the fry in a well airiated tank with small heater,undergravel filter and a sheer of gravel on the bottom of the tank.
Never put a fluval 1/2/3 1plus/2plus/3plus, no external filters as they will be chopped into fishbits. :/

coral
yeh 1 lot of fry has already been eaten...wooo it thought i was going to be over run with another load of them.

i just removed 25 from that tank when i re-vamped it, there's another 25-30 in my lobster tank for snacks and a few remainin in the crab tank.

i took the ones from my main tank into work today.

Wow! Those pictures are fantastic Paul. Particularly love the peckoltia and the starlight ancistrus. I'm very envious. :D

paul_v_biker said:
Coral platy said:
Did you know?

coral
yeh 1 lot of fry has already been eaten...wooo it thought i was going to be over run with another load of them.

i just removed 25 from that tank when i re-vamped it, there's another 25-30 in my lobster tank for snacks and a few remainin in the crab tank.

i took the ones from my main tank into work today.
you have not.
That is awfull. (did you mean you put 25 fry in a lobster tank?)
poor things.

Thanks, i decided to leave the flash on this time orund and since i cleaned my glass covers it seems to do ok as it's alot brighter. Theres' still the starry nights on the lists Lady!! :whistle:

Urm i just chuck in the usually food....JMC high protein pellets, catfish pellets, algae waffers, flake, live food, frozen blood worm and the occasional slices of cumcumber!!

yep platties for breakfast lunch and diner for the lobsters and butterfly fish. I'm probable going to be rid of them in the next few weeks and put a nice shoal of somehting in.

:kewlpics: I see you like catfish ive kept the crabs before but they kept escaping :rolleyes:

I do indeed like my plecs, and i'ved still got 1 waiting at work, 1 i'm putting on our fish order and 2 i'm ordering from trimar :whistle:

Heh, haven't had a problem with them escaping, haven't even seen them try, probable because I moved the tank aorund a few weeks back so kept them busy for a bit longer.

just thought what money you could get from platy fry?
a goot £10 a least.
Thats how much i got for mine.
They buy them for about 10-20p each. :rolleyes:
I was in the money but it did not go on games :whistle:

coral

nah buying live food is more expensive than that, plus it gives them a bit of a chase!!

we don't pay out money for live bearers at our shop basically because we can breed our own if we want. also it depends on the size you bring them in at, i took mine in tiny 2-4mm so work will need to do most feeding.

Plus they make the tank look un tidy!

There just in normal freshwater at the moment, I'ved considered doing brackish for them but they seem happy enough as they are.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back