Lost In Translation

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Texas. I stay home. I don't go to the mall. I go to the grocery store when it is the least crowded. I go to work, I work alone or nearly alone. I rarely go to public places and I shop in a hit and run fashion, no browsing for me, I want to go home. It's safer at home. With my big dogs.
Yuuuup... I like to browse sometimes but only when there isn't a lot of people

My uncle was shot dead in NY city...
Ok. Then I don't understand why you wouldn't want more laws in place so less people (the bad people) can get their hands on weapons. Because freedom is a privilege not a right. That's why there are prisons set up

Ok. Then I don't understand why you wouldn't want more laws in place so less people (the bad people) can get their hands on weapons. Because freedom is a privilege not a right. That's why there are prisons set up
Take for example, drugs. They are illegal in many parts of the world, yet the people that want them, somehow still get their hands on them regardless of the consequences. If you were to add additional restrictions to gun ownership, the bad guys would still get them, but the law-abiding people would have a much more difficult time. And there are many tests you must pass to get a gun license.

That is a VERY dangerous statement.
No. It's not. If you abuse your "freedom" by shooting up a school or taking over an important building you go to jail or get death sentences sometimes... You don't deserve to be a free citizen of a country if you are being a criminal, especially a murderous one... Freedoms can be taken if abused and the government (no matter what country the government is in) can take it from someone
Take for example, drugs. They are illegal in many parts of the world, yet the people that want them, somehow still get their hands on them regardless of the consequences. If you were to add additional restrictions to gun ownership, the bad guys would still get them, but the law-abiding people would have a much more difficult time. And there are many tests you must pass to get a gun license.
I knew you would bring that up... Drugs and guns are two completely different things. I would rather have some crazy high guy on the street rather than a crazy guy with a gun on the street or worse, a crazy high guy with a gun on the street... See, we can't control drugs much cause their very small and people aren't affected by it as much as gun violence and I'm not talking just death numbers I'm talking about fear. Where I'm getting at is, we don't really care about drugs that much so we don't do that much tbh... But if we really concentrated we could stop it... Also I'm not so sure governments REALLY want ALL illegal drugs off the streets for sales lol

I knew you would bring that up... Drugs and guns are two completely different things. I would rather have some crazy high guy on the street rather than a crazy guy with a gun on the street or worse, a crazy high guy with a gun on the street... See, we can't control drugs much cause their very small and people aren't affected by it as much as gun violence and I'm not talking just death numbers I'm talking about fear. Where I'm getting at is, we don't really care about drugs that much so we don't do that much tbh... But if we really concentrated we could stop it... Also I'm not so sure governments REALLY want ALL illegal drugs off the streets for sales lol
I kinda think you are missing the point.
If you abuse your "freedom" by shooting up a school or taking over an important building you go to jail or get death sentences sometimes... You don't deserve to be a free citizen of a country if you are being a criminal, especially a murderous one... Freedoms can be taken if abused and the government (no matter what country the government is in) can take it from someone
That statement can easily be used against you. If for example do to some religious convictions, you go against the law and are arrested. You are offered freedom if you choose to give up your conviction and join the rest of society. You deny this opportunity. They have every reason so say that you are insane and throw you in jail or worse. Why? Because:
freedom is a privilege not a right.
If you choose to go against their will, they can lock you up.

Freedom is a unalienable right, not a priveledge. You need to discuss this with your school headmaster.

I kinda think you are missing the point.

That statement can easily be used against you. If for example do to some religious convictions, you go against the law and are arrested. You are offered freedom if you choose to give up your conviction and join the rest of society. You deny this opportunity. They have every reason so say that you are insane and throw you in jail or worse. Why? Because:

If you choose to go against their will, they can lock you up.
That's where it's a gray zone... Yes I would decide to keep my faith because that's how much I believe.

I don't trust governments period but there is one thing I do trust, they will be honest in the way they handle freedoms but there are some other things I would have to say that are religious and can't say here...

NO person is perfect and therefore a government is far from it. So they mess up and some people corrupt it... Just how the world is for now.

A government cannot logically say you are free and then make so many laws you aren't but they do HAVE to make certain laws to where it's freedom in check...

Freedom is a unalienable right, not a priveledge. You need to discuss this with your school headmaster.
My school headmaster is my mom 🤣

And remember, governments don't want to take our weapons away, it's just to make it harder for people to get them which would decrease violence.
The framers of our Constitution had just fought a war of Independence with a Government that tried to take their weapons away. Without those weapons, we would have lost. Read the Declaration of Independence, slowly and carefully. Note: I do not say this to belittle you, I have about 5 decades on you and the admonishment applies to me also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back