Lost A Cory

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigTuna

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I brought a three more Corys home to join up with the 2 I had already. They seemed to be doing great in the new tank, but this morning one of them had died. There seemed to be no signs leading up to this, or at least none that I could pick up on. The others still seem to be doing great, but as you can imagine I am pretty stressed out now. This is the first time I've lost a fish like this. I don't want to lose anymore, and I certainly don't want this to happen again. I also got an Albino Bristlenose (long fin) and I want to make sure he is doing well. Again, everything appears to be fine. Is there something I should do differently? Something I should keep an eye out for? I'm so upset right now, I feel terrible.

Sorry for your los RIP fish,

don't worry i am sure it was not your fault maybe was a poorly fish and just didn't like your tank parameters, just to check do you test your water for ammonia, nitrate and nitrite? and are you 100% sure it was the one you bought the other day or could it have been on of the original 2?

hope your fish are fine I'm sure they are, i have lost to many fish to even start counting :'( poor things i feel like a murderer, but these things happen its hard but gota keep going :D there such wonder full fish i have 15 cory's in my tank amazing to watch :D

Ya everything is reading normal as usual. Must have been from the stress of his new surroundings? He was ok for 48 hours or so, so it caught me by surprise. He was definitely not one of my original 2, as they are considerably larger. They quickly became my favorite fish. I love watching them play in the current provided by my filter and air bar.

Thanks for the response

ps
That is an amazing piece of wood you've got in your tank! I'd love to have something like that mixed in with my live plants.

Sorry to hear the bad news although it may be comforting to hear the same thing happened to me. I had four corys for about a month then bought three more. One of the new ones died about a day after I put him in the tank with no signs of illness or anything. The other fish were all healthy and the other Corys from that day are still alive and that was probably four months ago at least

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back