Lophiosilurus Alexandri........

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cichlidmaster

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I have been wanting to get a few of these cats for sometime, but the cost has kept me away ($500 for one 6-7"). They recently became available at 2-3" for $65 each so I picked up two.

L. Alexandri AKA the Pacman cat...........

Pacman_3__3.30.2008.JPG

Sweet :D
What tank are they in?
Thinking of any tankmates?
:)

Oh man, I was so tempted to get these from Rich. They are so cool!

How many do you have in there?

What tank are they in?

Thanks!! They are currently in a 20 long (30"x12") for growout. Makes it easier for them to find their food!!

No plans on tankmates yet, but will probably give them a tank of their own.

There are two. If you look close at the front of the tank you can see the second one partially buried.

What tank are they in?

Thanks!! They are currently in a 20 long (30"x12") for growout. Makes it easier for them to find their food!!

No plans on tankmates yet, but will probably give them a tank of their own.

There are two. If you look close at the front of the tank you can see the second one partially buried.
Whoops, didn't read your whole post.

What are you feeding them now?

What are you feeding them now?

As I do with all newly arrived fish, I don't feed them the first 24 hours. This coupled with the fact that they were probably purged for 24 hours before being shipped out made them very hungry.

I tossed in some very small sinking shrimp pelltes and they hit them with gusto!! I am also feeding them live blackworms.

I will be feeding them numerous times throughout the day to get some size on them quickly!!

Now i am seriously jealous, these are my dream catfish but i've never even heard of them being available in the UK. I actually contacted Rich at Infinate aquatics about getting some shipped here but so far it seems that the cost of shipping far outweighs the possibility, though i am still looking into it.

The shop i use for all my oddballs and cats has said he may be able to get a few in but i can already see the price being far too high for me to afford, we're still paying the equivilent of $600 a fish for gulpers here so i would estimate the pac man cats are going to be at least 3 or 4 hundred each.

I now officially hate Americans :p :lol:

I can't make much out of that pic. what do they look like full size? as its CFC dream cat I 'm intrigued!! lol

Now i am seriously jealous, these are my dream catfish but i've never even heard of them being available in the UK. I actually contacted Rich at Infinate aquatics about getting some shipped here but so far it seems that the cost of shipping far outweighs the possibility, though i am still looking into it.

The shop i use for all my oddballs and cats has said he may be able to get a few in but i can already see the price being far too high for me to afford, we're still paying the equivilent of $600 a fish for gulpers here so i would estimate the pac man cats are going to be at least 3 or 4 hundred each.

I now officially hate Americans :p :lol:
Just be happy you all have snakeheads over there! :rolleyes: :p

I can't make much out of that pic. what do they look like full size? as its CFC dream cat I 'm intrigued!! lol
Here is the planetcatfish article: [URL="http://planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=907"]http://planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=907[/URL]

Very cool cats! :hyper:

You can have all the snakeheads as far as i'm concerned, i breed them for feeders :lol:

Now i am seriously jealous

I finally have something to make CFC envious!!! :good:

They are butt ugly, but then beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and since I am the beholder in this case I think they are a fantastic looking fish!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back