Looking For Syringes

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Joes juice comes with its own syringe

So it does, however Kalkwasser generally does not, and I'm not really sure were the eye dropper and turkey baster come in, seeing as how niether are hypodermic needles, and niether will work for killing aptasia with kalkwasser

That Joe's Juice syringe isn't going to do a damn thing for killing aiptasia. You need a real syringe that can pierce the mouth.

That Joe's Juice syringe isn't going to do a damn thing for killing aiptasia. You need a real syringe that can pierce the mouth.

You place a drop 'above' the apstasia with JJ. You dont actually inject it. :thumbs:

Joes juice is designed to kill aiptasia so the syringe "should" also work effectively. Agreed however its not any use for actually injecting the anenome.

"No more Aip" does come with a syringe and its designed for injection also.

Other than this i am told you can go to a chemist and ask for diabetic syringes. Im told that they should not refuse you if you can prove you need them for salt water marine care.

You can also get them from a vet. We got over 30 of them when we had to give our iguanas shots last year for infections. Also if you know of a doctor or nurse who is a family member or friend of the family they can easily get you one. Also some fishing stores sell them as it is common to inject air into some baits for fishing purposes.

I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about and I'm not sure if my idea will be useful. You're talking about insulin syringes so it probably won't help. When I got my wisdom teeth removed they gave me a plastic needled syringe. The tube that the water is held in was really wide but the needle came down to a very thin tip. I needed one for my pottery and I had thrown mine away so I asked for a new one at the dentist. If this might work i'll post a picture of the one I have, but I cut a lot of the tip off of that one so it's not really representative.

Just got a pack of 10 Insulin Syringes with 1" small bore needles for £2.02p at Co-Op Pharmacy

Not a single funny look either when I told them I wanted them to inject malt vinegar into a pest anenome :D

If anyone in UK has trouble geting hold of any i'll post one for free if you give me your address, I have 8 spare.

And BTW - Malt Vinegar works a treat! Just be careful not to get carried away and blast too many in one go otherwise you could disrupt the tanks pH.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back