Looking For Recipe

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SaTiVa1984

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello,

I have always fed frozen food and flakes to my fish, but i want to be more in control of exactly what enters my tank, especially what my discus are eating.

Anybody know of a good beefheart recipe they could share? nothing fancy just something with plenty of vitamins and nutrients, something that is easily bought off the shelves in the supermarket for instance.

Thanks.

P.S. think im going to make the missus blend up the heart :sick:

could blend in some green veg with it to get vitamins.....

There is much debate about the addition of garlic. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence that it does exactly what you describe and is also supposed to be good for the immune system.

I have used it in the past (in marine tank) and it seemed to work - but I can't be certain

From looking around on various sites i kinda have a rough idea on what to mix, so far its beefheart (obviously), carrots, peas, cooked spinach, peeled shrimps, crushed garlic, paprika (helps with a wide range of vitamins), egg yolk, and finally liver.

Seems a little weird mixing these, but in theory it supplements all the needed nutrients and vitamins, anyone able to confirm this?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back