looking for live snails

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

megan1194

Reaction score
hi! if this is even allowed, i'm looking to see if anyone on here sells live snails. i have pea puffers and my local pet stores seem to have very few or no snails. they're pretty young so i don't know if i can feed them normal sized snails (nerites and such). if it isn't wiggling they don't seem to want to eat it so frozen isn't really an option but i can try it if i can't find live ones lol.

hi! if this is even allowed, i'm looking to see if anyone on here sells live snails. i have pea puffers and my local pet stores seem to have very few or no snails. they're pretty young so i don't know if i can feed them normal sized snails (nerites and such). if it isn't wiggling they don't seem to want to eat it so frozen isn't really an option but i can try it if i can't find live ones lol.
You can order them online I believe, probably cheaper than trying to get a member on here to ship them. :)

Just google for them. There are many places that will sell them and they will be quite cheap too.

You'll never be able to feed pea puffers nerites. They are too big. They'll nip at them for a few bites, then you'll have rotting snails in the tank.

Find a store that has pond snails, or malaysian trumpets, and put a few in a 10 gallon and put a bit of food in there every so often with round gravel, and you'll have a never ending supply of snails to feed your guys. They love then about 5mm large. They can suck the entire thing out the shell and have a decent snack. A nerite would just be left to rot, which would be a bad thing if you don't see it. It will kill off the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back