Looking For Help With Coldwater + Ponds

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PlasticGalaxy

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Not often I cross over into this part of the forum, but I'm in dire need of an unofficial tutor to teach me all about coldwater, temperate, and pond fish!

As quite a few people already know, I've got a job recently at an aquatics shop chain. Unfortunately, the last five months of aggressive studying that I've been doing has gone, almost entirely, towards tropical fish. When ideally I need knowledge on tropical, coldwater and marine.

My knowledge on coldwater is currently non-existent, so if anyone could help me out in that area to teach me all about the conditions, ideal water maintenance, filtration, e.c.t, please let me know or start a conversation with me in PMs!

The filtration cycle and water chemistry is the same for tropical freshwater, cold freshwater and marine. Add ammonia to the new tank/ pond and let it cycle for a bit, then add fish that like the water conditions (pH, GH, KH).

In a pond situation, you don't really have to cycle it if the pond is big and you only add a few small fish and have some live plants in there. But if you have a small pond and add lots of fish with no plants, then cycle a filter first.

Saltwater is the same, cycle the tank with ammonia, then add fish after the filters have established.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back