Looking for epiplaty dageti eggs and live foods in Arvada

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lizardbreath

Reaction score
Hello, I am hoping to purchase some epiplaty dageti killifish eggs along with any live food cultlure starters, primarily vinegar eels, whiteworms, grindal worms, and daphnoea.

Livestock: epiplaty dageti

Age and condition: eggs
Quantity for purchase: depends on hatch rate
Reason for purchase: starting out with killis, community tank
Delivery or Collection: either, collectuon is preffered
Sales price: open for negotiation
Willing to Ship (Yes or No): yes
General Location: Arvada, Co

You can sometimes get daphnia eggs from frozen daphnia. Buy a small pack of frozen daphnia from a pet shop and put them in a shallow container of water. Look for any daphnia that have round or figure 8 shaped black things in their body, these are the eggs. Put a few of those dead daphnia into a container of green water and see if any hatch. You can also let some of them dry out for a few weeks and then add the dry eggs to the green water.

If you have any freshwater lakes/ ponds nearby, you can take a fish net down there and collect your own daphnia in cool weather. Add them to a container of green water and let them breed. Move the babies into another container of green water and let them breed. Move some of their babies into another container of green water and let them breed up and use those ones for food. The first 2 cultures can be tipped out.

The idea of taking young and starting new cultures is to get clean brood stock that aren't carrying any parasites or parasite eggs/ larvae.

The following link has information on culturing live foods for baby fish. You need to start cultures now because most take a month or so to get going.
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/back-to-basics-when-breeding-fish.448304/

--------------------------
Newly hatched brineshrimp are good foods for killifish and easy to hatch.

Many years ago we use to get buckets of apple cidar vinegar and leave them exposed to the air for a few months. We put a few slices of apple in the vinegar too. After a few months vinegar eels would appear in the containers and they were used as starter cultures.

White worms can sometimes be caught by cutting a potatoe in half and sticking it on the surface of the soil in a clean healthy garden. The worms are attracted to the starch in the potatoes and crawl up onto the underside. You check the potatoe each day and when you see little white worms crawling on the cut surface, you put it on a small container with some slightly damp peat moss or potting mix and let the worms crawl into that. They can be fed on dry powdered baby cereal but don't add too much cereal because it goes mouldy if not eaten within 24 hours.

Check Ebay and other online vendors for live fish food, and try doing a Google search for live fish food cultures in your area.

You can sometimes get daphnia eggs from frozen daphnia. Buy a small pack of frozen daphnia from a pet shop and put them in a shallow container of water. Look for any daphnia that have round or figure 8 shaped black things in their body, these are the eggs. Put a few of those dead daphnia into a container of green water and see if any hatch. You can also let some of them dry out for a few weeks and then add the dry eggs to the green water.

If you have any freshwater lakes/ ponds nearby, you can take a fish net down there and collect your own daphnia in cool weather. Add them to a container of green water and let them breed. Move the babies into another container of green water and let them breed. Move some of their babies into another container of green water and let them breed up and use those ones for food. The first 2 cultures can be tipped out.

The idea of taking young and starting new cultures is to get clean brood stock that aren't carrying any parasites or parasite eggs/ larvae.

The following link has information on culturing live foods for baby fish. You need to start cultures now because most take a month or so to get going.
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/back-to-basics-when-breeding-fish.448304/

Newly hatched brineshrimp are good foods for killifish and easy to hatch.

Many years ago we use to get buckets of apple cidar vinegar and leave them exposed to the air for a few months. We put a few slices of apple in the vinegar too. After a few months vinegar eels would appear in the containers and they were used as starter cultures.

White worms can sometimes be caught by cutting a potatoe in half and sticking it on the surface of the soil in a clean healthy garden. The worms are attracted to the starch in the potatoes and crawl up onto the underside. You check the potatoe each day and when you see little white worms crawling on the cut surface, you put it on a small container with some slightly damp peat moss or potting mix and let the worms crawl into that. They can be fed on dry powdered baby cereal but don't add too much cereal because it goes mouldy if not eaten within 24 hours.

Check Ebay and other online vendors for live fish food, and try doing a Google search for live fish food cultures in your area.

Alright thanks! Ill be sure to try that out! In the mean time csn you point me in the right durection to find some epiplaty dageti eggs?

Google Killifish society in your area.

There used to be a killifish forum too but I'm not sure if they still exist.

Yes, you should join up with the American Killifish Association. They are an unbelievable wealth of fish, eggs and knowledge. Well worth your while. They have everything you listed and more. You may even find local members in Colorado.

Okay. I just went and had a look at the AKA website. Read the beginners manual. What a treasure trove of information. Aphyosemion sjoestedti. Look that guy up. The King Mighty Blue Gularis. Behold him with wonder and fear. I used to have one as a specimen fish. Truly cool. And then you have Aphyosemion gardneri. Exquisitely beautiful. I guess I've raved enough. Might just sign up myself. Starting to think I want another Blue Gularis.

I did it! The excitement got to be too much for me. Spent 55 bucks. For that I get my one year membership in the AKA, a hard copy of the Beginners Guide and a pair of fish. Fundulopanchax gardneri. nigerianus. Rayfield. The picture of them was way too awesome. The Beginners Guide is an encyclopedia on Killifish. I read it online but the hard copy has pictures. Absolutely no question unanswered.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back