Looking for Dwarf Snakeheads

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ghostknife

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am looking for the dwarf or Rainbow snakehead Channa Bleheri but I cannot find one anywhere. Has any in the uk seen any and how much money where they? Or does anyone know where i could et one

Any Info about this species would be appreciated. I have found out that they get to about 15cm/6'' and are carnivores, eating bloodworm, lancefish etc. Which of my tanks could I put it in (my tank list is in my signature)?

Thanks

gk
:fish:

a rainbow snakehead grows huge but if you want one they are for sale at bolton(bas)an most world of water they are all over the place in manchester at the moment price range £12-£24

No not that rainbow snakehead (channa micopeltes) that dwarf rainbow snake head (channa bleheri). Type the latin name (channa bleheri) in on google and you will lots of pictures of them.

is that the snakehead gudgeon
if so they had some in bolton 4 months ago but not any more it looks like a sleeper goby

snakehead1251507xb.jpg

No, Channa (snakeheads) are in no way related to Eleotridae (sleaper gobies, which is what gudgeons are).

I have some Channa gachua for sale, currently around the 5cm mark, PM me if your interested. These grow to around the same size as C.bleheri and are similar in temperment.
The last time i saw C.bleheri for sale was at Wildwoods about 6 weeks ago, they were £16.95 each.

Ive got a few not so good pictures

The male

post-22-1055438384.jpg

The female

post-22-1093089947.jpg

and the fry 4 months ago when they first hatched

post-22-1097786876.jpg

Yes the juviniles are the same colour just smaller.

Cool.

I am sorry to say that i would prefer the Channa Bleheri as i have more info on them compared to Channa Gachua. Thanks anyway.

CFC have you seen any C. bleheri recently? I went to wildwoods today and they only had Asian Snakeheads Channa aureolineatus (This latin name was the name on the tank but unfortunately this name is not on Fishbase so I don't know anything about them).

Has anybody else seen any of these. I won't rest until I find one!

They have them here in Alaska!

They sell for about 6 dollars each at my LPS, about 3 inches each, I considered getting one, but I wouldnt want to put it in the 240 and a 10 is too small. they are fairly attractive fish, but they just look like big bettas to me.

I live in alaska? whats it going to do escape and swim 3000 miles to warm water? The only species that is federally banned is the northern snakehead, other than that thebans are state by state, useually as a result of people mixing up the species. There are red snake heads here too.

Thanks for the info but unfortunately i cannot travel to Alaska to get them, its a little bit too far.
Are snakeheads banned in the USA

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back