Looking For Coral Ideas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

1234-fishy-freind

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys.
Im looking for some ideas and inspiration to fill my tank out with. I would like lots more corals but im stuck as to what to get. Im running t5's at around 2.8wpg and my current lps (branching hammer) is doing really well. (id also like a new fish too :p thinking about a pair of emperor cardinals or a fairy wrasse...)
Here are a few photos of my tank to give you an idea of what ive got to work with.

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

tank1.jpg

Attachments

• tank1.jpg
    tank1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 65
Hello,
Well I personally love sponges, they're easy(ish) to keep and come in bright colours! Or maybe a big sea fan??
Perhaps a orange fan sponge? Or a blue finger sponge?

What type of coral are you looking for?

How many t5's and what lighting unit/reflectors?
What tubes are you using?
What size is the tank?

Looks to me like your going down the softy and lps route? How about a nice kenya tree

SEffie x

I'd suggest a nice size Duncans (but only because it's my favourite) - you may want to get a small frag with a few heads, or if money available, try and get hold of a decent size colony. Don't like being in direct flow but are genrerally not fussy. Can be target fed, or just left to pick up feed when you feed (depends if you turn pumps off to feed?).
Martin

kenya tree is decent shout I would also say a big xenia as well look ace in the flow

a luminous green trumpet as well would brighten it up a little and I;ve found them easy to keep

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back