Looking for anyone with a waterbox or IM tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

drlyleech

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between a rimless waterbox or innovation marine AIO 50 to 65 gal. Can anyone let me know if they have one and any issues with leaking after 3 years or positive remarks. I can only find reviews from 2013 to 2017. Most are negative. Red sea is too pricey and JBJ is at a stand still with everything going on with shipping and materials issues. It's like a waiting game to buy a tank now a days.

Thank

I would suggest you build your own, think of it as an adventure into the unknown. Trust yourself and have some fun.

Sound advice. I'm a want it now guy!!! But you may have a point.

I am unsure if they are available where you are, you would have to do a bit of digging (eBay & Amazon might list them maybe)

I have a 53 gallon Diversa. They are part of Aquael. They do a variety of sizes up to around 230 gallons for the basic rectangle (they also do corner, hex, bowfront etc too in various sizes). They are rimless and you can buy stands, hoods and lighting seperately or in a package, you then add your own filtration and heater etc.

Thanks for the link. In the united states. Yeah, I have everything I need. Here's my tank now. It just needs to fit between the windows. I was looking at landen tanks on amazon also that are clean cut. I was trying to do something new and different and change it up. The Aio were intriguing.

Attachments

• 20220331_053401.jpg
    20220331_053401.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 25
AIO is alright...but...you will find that filters, lights and heaters supplied are likely to be the bare minimum flow rate/temp/lighting required for the size of aquarium purchased and you'll most likely end up upgrading everything later....this is from my own experience with AIO's anyway. So the AIO is a nice idea but can be a false economy longterm when you find yourself getting bigger filters etc within the first year.

Any advice is valuable. Sometimes I get thinking one way and don't consider options or someone knows of a site I haven't seen before. I've been doing this for over 30 years and prepared to upgrade if needed. Just barely got a canister filter last year from power head undergravel filter. Had to downsize my tank. I guess what's important is the clean lines and all the equipped out of site. The inovation marine 60 shallow looks decent equipment wise. And I like that it has more surface width wise. I also thought of just putting in and overflow. But like I said I was trying change it up. Maybe simple is better. Like the old hat new hat book from Dr sues, lol

AIO is alright...but...you will find that filters, lights and heaters supplied are likely to be the bare minimum flow rate/temp/lighting required for the size of aquarium purchased and you'll most likely end up upgrading everything later....this is from my own experience with AIO's anyway. So the AIO is a nice idea but can be a false economy longterm when you find yourself getting bigger filters etc within the first year.
Did u own an AIO. If so what brand? Can't tell if the ones out now are newer then the past years or not. There's not alot of info out there

Did u own an AIO. If so what brand? Can't tell if the ones out now are newer then the past years or not. There's not alot of info out there
I have had Ciano and Aquael AIO's in the past. Not super enormous ones though as at the time I could not find anyone who sold larger aquariums that would deliver to the room rather than to the curb (curb delivery is impossible for me to handle). So when I discovered Diversa who's stockist did deliver to the room, I jumped at the chance to get the 53 gallon with its own hood and stand for £290 with free delivery. The Diversa is my first rimless and non AIO and I love it.

I have had Ciano and Aquael AIO's in the past. Not super enormous ones though as at the time I could not find anyone who sold larger aquariums that would deliver to the room rather than to the curb (curb delivery is impossible for me to handle). So when I discovered Diversa who's stockist did deliver to the room, I jumped at the chance to get the 53 gallon with its own hood and stand for £290 with free delivery. The Diversa is my first rimless and non AIO and I love it.
Makes sense, I definitely want to do rimless for the look, they are making larger AIO. I can get a landen for 600 us dollars but it's just a 55 gal tank. Quality looks equal to the Diversa. But with add on cost for lid, up dated light etc. Makes the innovation marine 60 at 1300 with lid and everything seems like a good deal. That's what got me interested. I saw the IM 40? At an aquarium store and it looked really nice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back