Looking For A Ngt (Datnioides Campbelli) And/ Or D.pulcher

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

adrianfio

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm interested in any size of this fish. I have a good selection of bogwood including a couple of large pieces anchored to slate. Fish wise I also have a couple of 12 inch Polypterus Lapraedi (excuse the spelling if its not right lol) that where bought as a pair and are somewhat devoted to each other. One has a quite large anal fin so I'm assuming that's a male. I also have a wild caught golden form synodontis sp. at around 5 inch.

I will be willing to discuss a swap for a Datnioides campbelli or D. pulcher; larger sizes preferable but any size is ok.

Can send photo's if you are interested.

you might find d.campbelli, but not pulcher. pulcher would cost you around £700 to buy, i have been after one for ages. if one ever does come up for sale, it would go before anyone saw it. you can get hold of campbelli, don't know anyone on here that has one, well not what they want to get rid of anyway!!

you might find d.campbelli, but not pulcher. pulcher would cost you around £700 to buy, i have been after one for ages. if one ever does come up for sale, it would go before anyone saw it. you can get hold of campbelli, don't know anyone on here that has one, well not what they want to get rid of anyway!!
[/quote
Was just throwing it out there in the off chance. I know the Pulcher is ]very expensive and rare; but you never know your luck. We have got a D.undecimradiatus. We got it from W.O.W Kirkham at £25 and we were well chuffed!! they had 3 in and they went out really rapidly. It now measures 3" and has the makings of a really nice fish. The microlepis is interesting (and a bit easier to get hold of I think!) but is it right that they are more aggresive towards other tiger fish than the others?

well, i have the microlepis at about 6-7" with two small undecimradiatus at about 3" and it doesn't bother them, they are still shy but eat lots of prawns and lance fish, but haven't coloured up properly yet, only been in the take about 5 weeks and some tigers take much longer to settle. the microlepis is the only fish in the tank that takes on the arowana when it gets too close so they are powerful fish, im unsure of what it would be like with another of similar size, will find out soon.
i can get hold of 10 undecimradiatus at 2.5-4" for £20 each a 10" undecimradiatus for £100 a 12" quadrifasciatus for £100 or the lot for £300, i was thinking about it and selling on the small undecimradiatus for £20 each to recoup some of the money. let me know if you or anyone you know about is interested.
i don't know of any campbelli's for sale except on shop websites.

well, i have the microlepis at about 6-7" with two small undecimradiatus at about 3" and it doesn't bother them, they are still shy but eat lots of prawns and lance fish, but haven't coloured up properly yet, only been in the take about 5 weeks and some tigers take much longer to settle. the microlepis is the only fish in the tank that takes on the arowana when it gets too close so they are powerful fish, im unsure of what it would be like with another of similar size, will find out soon.
i can get hold of 10 undecimradiatus at 2.5-4" for £20 each a 10" undecimradiatus for £100 a 12" quadrifasciatus for £100 or the lot for £300, i was thinking about it and selling on the small undecimradiatus for £20 each to recoup some of the money. let me know if you or anyone you know about is interested.
i don't know of any campbelli's for sale except on shop websites.
Our Quad is now around 6-7" and seems to have found it's place in the tank since we got rid of it's nemesis... the large psychotic Uaru lol. We'll keep an ear out if anyone wants your fish and will check out the shop web sites for the Campbelli's. Thanks alot

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back