Moolly

Reaction score
So I'm looking for a new internal filter for my 80L tank, and wanted some advice. I've heard that although fluvals are cheap and cheerful they are crap (not my words!) and to go for a juwel even though they're a bit pricier.

At the moment I have an aqua vital filter, which I haven't had any problems with - I just need something more powerful. I've found a brand that looks alright - aqua evo, but I've looked around online and can't find reviews on it anywhere so was wondering if anyone else had any experience.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go out and spend a fortune on a new filter, but I don't want to buy something cheap that doesn't work very well then go out and spend more money on something better.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to hear!

I just bought a filter for my 73L.

Ehiem Biopower160.

It has 3 sections like a cainster. So I have sponge in the bottom tray, Media in the second and more sponge at the top.

The flow in it is insane, It's also ajustable and comes with a spraybar.

20130322_173014.jpg

It's the red one.

I used on of the APS internals on my old 60L tank. Was more than happy with it & they're very cheap. Still use it on my 200L to create more flow.

I second Techen's biopower - I have the 240 on my 125 litre tank.

Though I've used the grey connectors rather than the red ones
smile.png

It's a bit harsh to call Fluval cheap and cheerful...

I have a 306,and at just shy on a hundred quid it's not cheap! Lol.

If I were you, I'd be looking at a external and trying to get the most space and out of the tank. You may want to consider a external filter too. I personally like getting as much out of the water a possible. Look at the 106. I think th flow would be adequate.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back