Looking At My Stocking Options

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tank212

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I need to know what I can stock in this pond. The dimensions are 7lx6w and is 1.5' in depth. What can I put in it ? I have two fancy goldfish in my 55gal that are getting big that I was planning on putting them in the pond. But what else? Can I mix koi with fancy goldfish? Or would I have to get more fancy goldfish? Any ideas will help.

Hi :)
I would personally not keep fancy goldfish with koi - a minimum depth for a koi pond should be about 4ft (thats absolute minimum), 5ft would be better.

Oh ok thanks somwhere I heard 2ft depth and I plan on raising the water level a bit so it will be around 2ft. Should I put more fancy goldfish? They might be lonely in that big space only the two of them.

Well I would stick to small goldfish, what about shubunkins or something. But only smallish ones I would say.

Ok I will take your word for it! I don't mind getting just fancy goldfish I think they're just as cool as koi. I just like the aggressiveness of koi towards food.

Ok I will take your word for it! I don't mind getting just fancy goldfish I think they're just as cool as koi. I just like the aggressiveness of koi towards food.

Koi just enjoy their food, thats half the fun of keeping them. They feed from your hand so gently too. In my opinion they're the best pond fish but they do take abit of looking after to do it properly. The rewards are worth it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back