Looking at a hermit crab setup

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Brisbane should be warm enough over winter so they don't need a heat lamp. However, you can put a thermometer in the tank and see what the temperature is. You can also watch the crabs, if they are out and about crawling around, then it's warm enough for them. If they don't come out, then it's too cool.

Brisbane should be warm enough over winter so they don't need a heat lamp. However, you can put a thermometer in the tank and see what the temperature is. You can also watch the crabs, if they are out and about crawling around, then it's warm enough for them. If they don't come out, then it's too cool.

Okay I got you now. I will have one in hand for those colder days just in case. Thank you

Colin with the salt water can I dilute some aquarium salt in de chlorinated water?

When I kept hermit crabs I followed pretty much what @Colin_T said, I had a glass cover to help keep in the humidity so they would not dry out and had driftwood for them to climb on besides places to hide. They are very sensitive to chlorine which can burn their gills. I had a spray bottle of dechlorinated water to spray them with which they seemed to like. I also had a heater since it gets cold here. I had two so when they start to shed their exoskeleton I had a small cage to put one in to protect him. I kept them in a 29 gallon tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back