Look what showed up at my door step 😀😀

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So, I ordered up the hygger aquarium light (I know its different from what I first chose but this is full spectrum) so rn I have set on the 3h mode just to test it... If it doesnt do the sunrise/sunset function I'll have to return it... But so far it lights up well
1006211118.jpg

Ok, I think I either did something wrong or I just wasted money... It didnt dim it just turned off, so I'm trying something else and if that doesn't work, ill have to return it.

I just have a submersible led tube...it does change colours though I mostly leave it on white :D

Its just... I dont want my fish to have light shock... Quickly going on and off is bad, right?
Right.
Be sure to read the instructions before you send it back...it might save you some embarrassment.

Cancel that...I've just done my research and the phrase 'cheap and nasty' springs to mind. Sorry.
'Dimmable' means that you can dim the amount of light...manually.

Right.
Be sure to read the instructions before you send it back...it might save you some embarrassment.

Cancel that...I've just done my research and the phrase 'cheap and nasty' springs to mind. Sorry.
'Dimmable' means that you can dim the amount of light...manually.
Yes, but I thought this dimmed on its own... the way it sounded

Yes, but I thought this dimmed on its own... the way it sounded
Stuff like that depends on how you hear it. ;)
Advertising is a dark art and thrives on peoples lack of understanding of language.
I don't believe those positive reviews either, unless they're by people who have never experienced a quality lighting unit.

Stuff like that depends on how you hear it. ;)
Advertising is a dark art and thrives on peoples lack of understanding of language.
I don't believe those positive reviews either, unless they're by people who have never experienced a quality lighting unit.
didnt dim at all... ill have to return :rolleyes::confused:

Is the tank sitting in a pitch black room? Is the light coming on during daylight hours?

If the answers are No and Yes then I wouldn't stress it too much. Get some floating plants and good plant cover, have the lights come on while there is some sunlight and it will most likely be fine.

Dimmable is much nicer but for years we run on T8 and then T5 tubes and never had any issues. This is potentially an unpopular opinion though.

Is the tank sitting in a pitch black room? Is the light coming on during daylight hours?

If the answers are No and Yes then I wouldn't stress it too much. Get some floating plants and good plant cover, have the lights come on while there is some sunlight and it will most likely be fine.

Dimmable is much nicer but for years we run on T8 and then T5 tubes and never had any issues. This is potentially an unpopular opinion though.
When its night time... That room is PITCH BLACK... And it coming on during the day all depends on when I set it... I'm thinking of returning it and getting the nicrew g2

When its night time... That room is PITCH BLACK... And it coming on during the day all depends on when I set it... I'm thinking of returning it and getting the nicrew g2
Nvm... I'm pretty sure the nicrew g2 doesnt have the sunrise/sunset feature... So I'm getting the hygger sunrise/sunset light... Its in the name!

The 24 hour function on those lights goes from daylight to blue, then will gradually dim that blue out. If you want to see the colors change for sunset/sunrise unfortunately that light does not do that. I had one and changed it out for a fluval aquasky for that reason.

The 24 hour function on those lights goes from daylight to blue, then will gradually dim that blue out. If you want to see the colors change for sunset/sunrise unfortunately that light does not do that. I had one and changed it out for a fluval aquasky for that reason.
I dont want the colors of a sunrise and sunset... I just wanted to slowly fade in and out so it doesnt stress the fish

Most reactions

Back