Look What I Just Got!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My kribs didn't like my tank. They just hid in the cave until the day they died. :p I saw them trying to breed once or twice but didnt get anywhere.

Ok, been a while but an update, they had spawned once, while in the community tank, nothing came of it, so I moved them into their mostly own tank, with just three guppies and a pleco for company. Just last night they have spawned again, my question is should I chance doing a water change? I don't want to spook them and cause them to eat the eggs. It's a 20 gallon tank. If I avoid doing gravel vacs should I be able to sneak out some water without freaking them out? Or should I just wait it out the 7 days and then move mommy and daddy back to the community tank at that point?

I think you should be fine doing a water change. Chances are no spawn will survive with a pleco in the tank anyway.

what's the reasoning behind this? just curious.... it's smaller than they are and spends a lot of time in the tubes to the ugf

Chances are a pleco at night will find the nest and eat all the eggs whilst the parents are asleep.

positive I had wigglers, but now I don't...I guess daddy got frisky again because everything is gone and the frisky dance has started again try 3 here we go

guess I'll give the tank a good once over now

as soon as I finished a tank clean they popped on their breeding colors big time, added an additional cave as well *fingers crossed*

positive I had wigglers, but now I don't...I guess daddy got frisky again because everything is gone and the frisky dance has started again try 3 here we go

guess I'll give the tank a good once over now
Could it be the pleco getting to the nest?

Don't think so never went near it, my money is on daddy fish. Plec sticks to the perimeter almost exclusively aside from the iffy tube I saw my adult guppy eat one wiggler and that is when I moved her to the breeder box. She is close to popping anyway

Thought you'd like to know however, that I did move the pleco, not because he was harassing my kribs, but I don't think he's getting any food, or not much anyway.  He's all skinny, so he's in a breeder trap in my other tank with an algae wafer so he can hopefully eat some! He will be released once he gets some food in his tummy, there's more algae in that tank anyway (probably cause he hasn't been in it eating it)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back