Look what i found

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hi StrontiumDog :)

How are the fry? :unsure:

One of the things that happens with gourami fry is that some of them grow faster then others. I've seen that happen, and as a matter of fact, some never grew as large as others in the same batch, even at maturity.

Feeding is always the hardest part of raising gourami fry. I've found the only way that worked for me was making green water by putting lettuce leaves in water and setting it on the window sill. When I tried Liquifry, I found that it coated the surface of the water, which is not a good thing for them.

I noticed that you were starting to feed them microworms. How do they seem to be doing on them? :unsure:

I'd love to see a picture, if you have one. Just post it in Members Aquarium and Fish Pictures and put a link to it in here. :D

Hi Inchworm :)

:S im still having fry die on me :-( so i've taken them out of the breeding trap ( they'll just have to fend for themselves ). It seems they where dying quicker in the breeding trap ????

Just put another batch of BBS in and OMG they ate some, even some of the smaller fry ate them :hyper: they must have been starving.

Ohh the microworm bit happend after i started feeding liquifry they came out of the gravel and were all over the glass. Theres none left now that i can see now :angry: never mind I'll look into breeding a culture of them for the next time :nod:

oppppps nearly for got my new fry pic http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=63562

They look great! :thumbs: Actually they are doing very well. :nod:

I think if you have them eating BBS, they will continue to grow well. Have they developed their labyrinths yet? I think they should have by now, and if they have, the hardest part of raising them is over. Now it is just a matter of time and luck. :D

OMG!!! They are such cuties! I woudl love to have been able to see baby gouramis in real life rather than on a screen, but they still look sooo lovable!

I have everything crossed for you and them, i hope they get to grow big and strong and prove to be the cutest lil babies i have seen yet!

Gud luck!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Your pix are really good to, it must have been a nightmare trying to get a picture of the lil ones! :kewlpics:

StrontiumDog said:
...Ohh the microworm bit happend after i started feeding liquifry they came out of the gravel and were all over the glass. Theres none left now that i can see now :angry:

I must have had a delayed reaction, because when I went to feed my cory fry some microworms, I suddenly remembered your comment here. :*)

If those tiny white things came out of the gravel, they are not microworms, I think they are planaria. There are probably some in your tank, but it isn't until you introduce the Liquifry that they reproduce enough to become apparent. I had the same thing happen when I tried to use it. They won't cause any harm, but are not much benefit to the fry either since they are in the wrong place for the tiny fry to find them.

Here's a link with more information about microworms that you might find interesting:

http://www.livefoodcultures.com/microworms.html

I think the first micro organisms where worms because i know for sure i have planaria because i can see them on the side of the glass. Plus i have found some other un-invited guests rotifers :blink:

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/index.html...uk.org.uk/pond/

This site is very intresting worth a flick though :D

And snails but not the common ones i usually see, these are spiral wound :fun:

Edit: ITS Hydra on the sides.................Silly me :lol:

hi StrontiumDog,

Im sorry to hear that Marge died :byebye:, But your fry look very good and congrats with them! your doing a great job :). Good luck with the fry!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back