Look at this cool cicada on a tree!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
My little brother picked him up and he was just crawling around. We think he was in the process of trying to shed but we're unsure...
Look how he blends in so well!
20220813_132525.jpg

I love cicadas, luckily we have the annual species here in GA so it is a summertime delight every year.
Did you know that periodic cicada periods are all prime numbers? This is to minimize brood hatching overlaps.

I love cicadas, luckily we have the annual species here in GA so it is a summertime delight every year.
Did you know that periodic cicada periods are all prime numbers? This is to minimize brood hatching overlaps.
That's really cool!
And yes I have heard of that before! Really intriguing

eww noo
I can't help it but imagine them as at the end of civilization as the only ones that adapted to survive and mutated into huge monsters... brrr

eww noo
I can't help it but imagine them as at the end of civilization as the only ones that adapted to survive and mutated into huge monsters... brrr
Lol
You are thinking of cockroaches...
These guys are cool.
😅

removes thong (flipflop for the yanks) from foot and swat
Their really beautiful in my opinion. They stay under the ground for nearly 20yrs and emerge when the time is right.
They don't bite and they are not annoying (besides all the noise).
They really just keep away from humans mostly so interaction with them is rare

I really love cicadas, something we don't get here but was fortunate enough to experience them whilst on our honeymoon in Turkey...at least I think it was cicadas 🤔 I didn't mind the noise at all, it was pure bliss combined with the smell of the olive trees everywhere and the blazing sun...sigh

I really love cicadas, something we don't get here but was fortunate enough to experience them whilst on our honeymoon in Turkey...at least I think it was cicadas 🤔 I didn't mind the noise at all, it was pure bliss combined with the smell of the olive trees everywhere and the blazing sun...sigh
Yah I don't mind their noise either. Though to some it can be annoying

Growing up in STL MO, cicadas were rare, I think we had one brood (17 yr IIRC) my entire childhood. Since the annuals are common in GA, I get a nice audio flashback (similar to smells) every summer.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back