Longfin peppered Cory swimming funny. HELP

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Puri

Reaction score
Hi all!
I've recently added a longfin peppered cory, Valquiria is her name, to my 10g tank. She has very calm tank mates (2 kuhli, sterbai cory and a Colisa Lalia who is very shy). The tank pH is impeccable according to the tank needs.
But now to the question I need answered, my longfin peppered cory started having a weird swimming pattern a few days ago. She swims normally like all the other Cory's I have, including other tanks, but she sometimes flips on her side very quickly coming back to her normal pose.
She's been eating normally and varied foods, and has no signs of fiscal harm.
Is this normal or might it be some kind of disease? Please help as I would be devastated to loose Valquiria :)

Hi all!
I've recently added a longfin peppered cory, Valquiria is her name, to my 10g tank. She has very calm tank mates (2 kuhli, sterbai cory and a Colisa Lalia who is very shy). The tank pH is impeccable according to the tank needs.
But now to the question I need answered, my longfin peppered cory started having a weird swimming pattern a few days ago. She swims normally like all the other Cory's I have, including other tanks, but she sometimes flips on her side very quickly coming back to her normal pose.
She's been eating normally and varied foods, and has no signs of fiscal harm.
Is this normal or might it be some kind of disease? Please help as I would be devastated to loose Valquiria :)
The PH is not the most important parameter to monitor in a tank. Did you cycle the tank before adding fish? How long has it been set up? Are you able to give the current parameters?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Any chance of a picture and short 30-60 second video of the fish doing its thing?
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.

---------------------
What is the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate level in the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back