lonely RES?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i have an eight year old red eared slider. she is alone in a 55 gallon tank. she and a former tank mate faught so i found a good home for the other RES. should i have some other species like fish , bottom cleaners or amphibious frogs?when i put live plants in her tank they eventually plug up the filter. water lettuce is expensive for me. my neighbor gave me guppies- she doesnā€™t eat them. iā€™m glad because i donā€™t want to see the circle of life. lol i have a guppy tank now.
any suggestions for potential lonely turtle?

I have 2 red ears sliders, both are 25 years old and males, they have eaten small fish in the past and also pond snails. I am not sure that they get lonely outside of wanting to mate.

I have a large, aggressive African Cichlid in with my painted turtle and they get along great. Plus, my plecostomus is much bigger than my turtle so it's left alone too.

i have an eight year old red eared slider. she is alone in a 55 gallon tank. she and a former tank mate faught so i found a good home for the other RES. should i have some other species like fish , bottom cleaners or amphibious frogs?when i put live plants in her tank they eventually plug up the filter. water lettuce is expensive for me. my neighbor gave me guppies- she doesnā€™t eat them. iā€™m glad because i donā€™t want to see the circle of life. lol i have a guppy tank now.
any suggestions for potential lonely turtle?
My RES stay alone for nearly ten years,but she is doing well
I even keep guppy and shrimp with her and they still breed

I have a large, aggressive African Cichlid in with my painted turtle and they get along great. Plus, my plecostomus is much bigger than my turtle so it's left alone too.
wow how did you get such a big plecostomus? thanks for your input :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back