Lonely rainbow shark?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
I was gonna say the same.thing.as.Colin.

Mine only really is active at night. It doesn't come out to play much during the day. It lives with several other fish. Was a super active day fish when young. The older it got, the more reclusive it got. At night it is all over the tank tho. Is part of why I started feeding that tank before lights out.

Other than that, they are a cool fish.

Hi guys - just did a good old clean of Rosieā€™s tank and moved all the ornaments around- I also dimmed the light by a couple of notches and introduced a few bigger snails and she is happy as she was before! Thank you for all your comments and suggestions- hopefully all is well.

Some much for the dither fish theory :confused: But wait, you put in some dither snails! I mean if there was a predator nearby, he would eat the snail first ala escargot!

Well I am glad Rosie is happy...

Some much for the dither fish theory :confused: But wait, you put in some dither snails! I mean if there was a predator nearby, he would eat the snail first ala escargot!

L

lets hope it lasts- she did this when I moved her before and once she decided her territory she hides in it. I will give her a week to settle down then ..... dither fish!

L

lets hope it lasts- she did this when I moved her before and once she decided her territory she hides in it. I will give her a week to settle down then ..... dither fish!
Hi guys - so Rosie has diverted back to hiding- Iā€™m going to have to try a dither fish rather than dither snails! Also just noticed a small white worm thing on the glass near the filter - any ideas?

Hi tank is 60gal I think - long and low type. GH is 8ish, PH stable at 7.2, temp is 79/80 - logs and caves everywhere- loads of live plants and she has a powerhead on one side. Iā€™ve tried really hard to make it natural for her the only thing I canā€™t have is sand! Had it before and it just turned green really fast. Any ideas on how to encourage her to come out would be great- already tried low lights and no lights! When I do see her in the light her colour is stunning.
I read this about your experience with sand and I agree. In all my tanks where I have had pool filter sand, algae were really bad. For about nine months now I have been using pea pebbles as the top layer of the substrate, and have found I don't have as much of a problem with algae as I did with the sand.

My theory is that white sand reflects and intensifies the light, making it harder to control algae.

before you add anything else, any chance of a video of the fish so we can see if there is something that has been missed?

I read this about your experience with sand and I agree. In all my tanks where I have had pool filter sand, algae were really bad. For about nine months now I have been using pea pebbles as the top layer of the substrate, and have found I don't have as much of a problem with algae as I did with the sand.

My theory is that white sand reflects and intensifies the light, making it harder to control algae.
Hi Utar - thanks for commenting! Itā€™s odd I have white and dark smooth gravel and Iā€™ve barely seen any algae- but I know my fish eat it so I am now having to encourage it to grow elsewhere.

Take a video, upload it to YouTube then post the link here.

I agree with Essjay, if you don't have a youtube channel it is easy to setup. Takes a bit of a learning curve but soon you will learn out to upload videos so you can post them here.

CACDA42E-40FE-4C3B-AABC-2063E3BBB31B.jpeg

So not a good picture but every time I turn the light on she flees! I am trying to find out how to get a video up - bear with

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back