FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Yuhui

Reaction score
Hello there, Iā€™m new to owning fishes and is been 5 days since I started in the fish community, so I need some help :). I have two cardinal tetras who recently got infected with ich, but I started treatments when I saw them. Fortunately, after three days of treatment the ich was gone but is still currently quarantining before I put them back to the main tank. The questions Iā€™m about to ask is about to be strange haha, so in the quarantine tank for my two cardinal tetras was going well, but one of them jumped out of the tank and is not alive anymore.. and now thereā€™s only one cardinal tetras fish in the tank, and Iā€™m a bit worry that he would become stress because I heard that they are a schooling type of fish. So Iā€™m wondering if its still be okay by it self while it quarantines in the tank.. alone?
(Ps I have other Tetras and other fishes in my main tank and they seem to not be affected.)

Ich is very contagious. You must not put it in the main tank until you have treated it for 10-14days.
Even though the fish is cleared from ich, the ich parasites eggs will still be around and can re-infect the fish again. You will need to treat for another 7-10 days after all the white spots have disappeared.

And if you put them in the main tank at the beginning, other Tetras in your main tank might be infected.
Monitor your main tank for any ich or best is to treat it also.
Get at least 6-10 of them whenever you buy schooling fish.

Ich is very contagious. You must not put it in the main tank until you have treated it for 10-14days.
Even though the fish is cleared from ich, the ich parasites eggs will still be around and can re-infect the fish again. You will need to treat for another 7-10 days after all the white spots have disappeared.

And if you put them in the main tank at the beginning, other Tetras in your main tank might be infected.
Hello there, I have 6 tetras and I been giving them treatment in the main tank and I took the two tetras out with the ich spots and putted them in the quarantine tanks. Iā€™m not sure what to do with the one tetras recovering from ich.

The 6 tetras in the main tank doesnā€™t seem to be affected since is been 6 days, with no sign of ich and Iā€™m still giving treatment to make sure there are gone.

I think it's better to leave the one recovering in the quarantine tank in case it still carry the ich parasites.
It will spread to the rest if it still carry the ich.
It will take longer time to medicate the rest if they are also infected.
Continue to medicate the one that is recovering for another 7-10 days.

Ich needs treatment in the main tank and you don't need to treat individuals in an hospitaltank. The parasite hase several stage (partly invisible) so the spots aren't the only "cases".

Put the lonely one back and follow the treatmentcourse in the main tank.
If spots reoccure you treat the main tank again.

Most reactions

trending

Back