London Riots

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Nothing up in Leeds yet.

Reported first fatality, a man shot in the head in Croydon, what has become of this country :no:

Is everybody ok here? We've been watching it in the new in Miami and I worry about my peeps. :(

llj

Yeh were fine or at least Derby and Leeds is for now!!!

Derby is fine, couple of rumours circulation on twitter, but all of them false.

It just goes to show you that people are crazy animals and that there is a very thin line of law and order. I think for the most part, the rules that society has placed on us keep the people cool, calm and collected......until you get a few that decide to cause chaos. Then it's easy to convince other people to do the same. I want to be in a cabin in the woods if something like this goes down in my city. People are nuts :crazy:
It's quite interesting from my point of view. I'm currently prepping to write an essay on assessing/evaluating a couple of theories on inter group conflict, why it occurs, how people identify with different groups, why conflict happens some times, but not others. I was finding it quite hard to wrap my head around the materials (summer hold = being badgered by the kids all day, not conducive to studying really lol) but I'm hoping all this will give me some good stuff to work with.
In practical and human terms though, the whole thing has spiralled out of control, government has been slow to react, rumours are rife...I'm avoiding the news at the moment. I feel for the families who have lost their homes and their livelihoods by other people's hands :sad:

Just heard on Sky News its all kicking off down the road, its spreading fast

It's pretty scary, there's reports on fb of things starting in dartford which is 5 mins from me, I hope they don't attack living reef I'm going there Friday. Still quite scary tho working it's way down here from London.

It just goes to show, when you have a nation of youth that has no respect for anyone or anything, this is just what happens, they take any opportunity again. Give the police the right to use force and you will see these kids will just run back to their mothers.

It's pretty scary, there's reports on fb of things starting in dartford which is 5 mins from me, I hope they don't attack living reef I'm going there Friday. Still quite scary tho working it's way down here from London.

Nah, I don't think they would attack LR. Its quite far away either Crayford or Dartford (the two nearest commercial areas) & doubt youths would be interested in stealing fish and corals and whatnot.

It just goes to show, when you have a nation of youth that has no respect for anyone or anything, this is just what happens, they take any opportunity again. Give the police the right to use force and you will see these kids will just run back to their mothers.

I wish we could just chock it up to kids being bad but any riots I've heard of usually aren't just restricted to young people.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back