London On Sunday

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Darkstar

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Went to the Voyeurism, Surveillance and Camera exhibition at the Tate Modern on Sunday which was excellent. Feeling inspired I then spent the next few hours walking round London taking pictures...here's the best of the worst. Constructive comments, good or bad are welcome:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54537328@N07/sets/72157625096922558/

I love London, not been for a good few years though.

I love my cities and have been fortunate to go to several across the world. But London is as good as Sydney and Singapore city. I'd say it's on a par with New York, but New York is brilliant for its sheer size whereas London is brilliant for it's history.

Good pictures! :kewlpics:

Hopefully, my next trip to the capital will be during the 2012 olympics.

James.

Nice pictures, I was around this area on Sunday too!

Thanks, the day didn't start too well weatherwise but ended nicely I reckon. Good day to be on the South Bank.

@James.

I now live just outside London but was born and bred there so I'm obviously biased but I do agree it's a fantastic city. Never been to New York, I really should get round to it but I think San Francisco is an awesome city, I loved the time I spent there.

Nice pictures, I was around this area on Sunday too!

Thanks, the day didn't start too well weatherwise but ended nicely I reckon. Good day to be on the South Bank.

@James.

I now live just outside London but was born and bred there so I'm obviously biased but I do agree it's a fantastic city. Never been to New York, I really should get round to it but I think San Francisco is an awesome city, I loved the time I spent there.

New york really is something else! I imagine San Francisco to be pretty awesome aswell. :good:

James.

Love the Tate modern. Wonderful place to spend a few hours. Also further down (by the hms whatever) is the design museum. The 2010 design awards exhibit there was awesome.

I've added you as a contact on flickr too.

London is full of amazing architecture. It's so much more interesting than here (IMO) and I live nr Oxford which has some pretty good buildings of it's own. But you gotta love city hall (again on south bank, but further down). Even the memorial by mr Norman is nice, nevermind his other famous stuff, you know, the gherkin, and millennium bridge...

In my eyes, Oxford just doesn't compare, although to some it might be better. Although we do have some brilliant museums here.

the photos are OK but
i spent quite a lot of time
in the eighties and must say
i don't miss it at all hey but that
only my view such a big place so many
people but such a lonely place

In a way I agree Biff.
As a place to visit, I love London. It's fantastic, so much to feast your eyes on.
But I really wouldn't want to live there.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back