Lol seriously what catfish is this?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Kevin Swope

Reaction score
Seriously check this out take a look at this catfish I swear to God I'm pretty sure it's a it iridescent catfish ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WV-FQV7bUReEdu_70n57IO5hf_7va5hb/view?usp=drivesdk o_O ) but the funny thing is, the first place I put them was inside my IBC Tote pond just two grow'em out. Along with three koi fry. Now, In the 10 months I've been growing out the two catfish and three koi (inside 200 gallons plus) the koi are easily 12" each. And these two catfish, this one being the smallest one, coming in at a whopping 3 inches. What? The other one which is still in the IBC Tote is about an inch or so larger but he likes swimming a lot so he can stays outside. The one outside he does kind of look like a miniaturised male while this one it looks like a miniaturised female iridescent shark . But, I could be wrong, it could just be a different fish :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. It’s a Pangassius Sutchi. (Or at least it really looks like it.)

3x. Iridescent Shark is the common name..... and they get huge and up to 3 feet long.

I hope you have a huge tank for him!

3x. Iridescent Shark is the common name..... and they get huge and up to 3 feet long.

I hope you have a huge tank for him!

Lmao, I've previously stated about my little 200 gallon grow out pond already. But I forgot to mention my ( 3' high, above and below ground pond thats 12×7'×6' deep, with two 4' long by 2' windows in the front):good:
[:rofl: with no fish!]:dunno:

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back