Location for Discus

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PunkRock050

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time no type. Anyways, I am going to be setting up a tank for some juvenile Discus soon and the spot I have picked for it is next to the doorway to my room, about 2 feet from it. Would this be a bad location? I have read that Discus are pretty nervous fish and get spooked really easily until they get used to their keeper. Would people walking in and out of my room scare them too much? Its a really good looking location :D

I would imagine that any fish would get used to their surroundings, but to see a huge figure suddenly appear out of nowhere right next to them from time to time might be detrimental.

It could cause them to act spooky even when there's no need to be because they're "waiting" for the next occurance. jmo. :)

Hi PunkRock050

It is best to keep discus where they will have constant attention. They are only shy, if they are left on there own, or sudden movements scare them. Do not keep them by a doorway.

My main discus tank is opposite the door way, right next to my computer. They come and stare me out until I give in and feed them. Only the lowest in the pecking order, ever hides.

What are some good tank mates for Discus? I want to keep a rope fish if possible, and what about some clown loaches?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back