Local Tropical fish clubs

fozzy_wozzy_woo

Moved On
Reaction score
Kudelstaart (Amsterdam) (The Netherlands)
Well i found and went to my local tropical fish club yesterday 21 Feb 2004.

Oh man have they got some cool fish or what... they have a tank the same length as what im building... :( but it doesnt have the depth) :D I think ihave found a goldmine... the knowledge and diversity of the people is vast... and i can now buy from the club... the heater in the tank is €14 but in the LFS it is €25....

They also have a spare unwanted items table.... ha I found a Temp control device.... ye ha.....

have you got a LFC..(Local fish club) ?? and are you in it??

yes, we are members of the B.C. betta association. they meet once a month at a LFS which specializes in show bettas. it's pretty cool to meet some of the other fish freaks out there. ;)

ya i think it cool.

I also think that if for the people who live in towns with no local fish shop. it could be a good way of getting to gether to order fish and supplies at a lower cost.

also if you can get a place to rent the club could then get several tanks installed and bread the guppies and sell them locally to thier own members.

the money then can go back into the club and then purchase different fish to keep in the club.

they could then also sell these fish..

I wish there was a fish club in my area. There aren't even any great pet stores. I couldn't even find Kribensis in any of the pet stores in my area. I found some other fish owners but none that were serious about taking care of their pets. They are more like decorations to some people than living creatures.

I wish I had something like that around here,I'd much rather purchase or trade fish from people who have them in healthy environments. Home raised fish are so much healthier IMO. :)

I was a member of Tongham Aquarist Society for very many years. Was a great way to meet fellow aquarists, and get hold of some quality fish.

I've never been to a meeting, but for people around Boston there's the Boston Aquarium Society. I've been meaning to go but it meets at a bit of an inconvenient time for me during the month. When I was setting up my 29 gallon aquarium one of the members was really helpful after I emailed with my questions.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back