Lobster With No Claws And No Legs! Pics.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I just read this whole forum and it is so amazing how you nursed him back to health! That is so great! That's so sad you can keep him though! I wish I could take him but all I have is a 10 gallon. haha. Well, good luck with everything, and again, you did a really great job nursing him back, he is one lucky little lobster! :cool: :clap: :thumbs: :wub:

Hi all, sorry it's taken a while to reply, I sorted out the problems with the pics. I never got the heart to rehome him, he's still in the same tank, although he's a bit big for it now, here's a pic from just before he lost his limbs and then a pic I just took of him, notice the size of him compared to the pots in both pics.
DSCN3762.jpg

DSCN4971.jpg

Wow that's just amazing - well done !

(and thanks for sorting the pics out ;) )

This is a fantastic thread. Well done on your hard work!

jay2jay99 said:
Here's the picture of my adult before his last shed, you should be able to see the
fuzzyferret said:
I haven't looked on this board for a while, and have just read your thread with great interest!
It's hard to believe that he would manage to improve at all, to lead a normal life again, but thanks to your patience and hard work you both pulled it off!

Bad choice of words, considering what happened to him, but you know what I mean :rolleyes:

Best wishes to you both, and bloody well done!! Really pleased for you!
[snapback]763105[/snapback]​

I Am so excited to read this thread I am glad you had the patients to nurse it back to health. I am so glad for him.

That is outstanding!
Just shows not only how these animals can adapt but what a caring and loving owner can do!
Well done!
He looks great now!! Don't rehome him! You've been through a lot together now......the two of you will be friends for life. I'd be interested to know what happens if you put the syringe in the main tank.....does he still roll over now he's fully recovered and back in the big tank?
Well done again!!

WOWWWWWWWWWW! :kana:
What an amazing thing you have done. So pleased for you!
I always try help ill animals til there is nothing else I can do.....it's surely the best thing to do.
He looks beautiful.
Keep him you'll regret it and always wonder how he is :unsure:
Siobhan x

Just thought i'd post another update, I know this post has been around for a while but every now and then I have a look at it to see how she was.

I had to move her from that tank, it was now way to small for her, I had a 40 gal tank as well but I had a big male in there and I was worried that he'd rip her to bits. I ended up deciding to try her in there, it was either that or rehome her. She actually let me pick her up and she rested in my hand with no jumping or recoiling like they normally do. I gently lowered her to the bottom with her still on my hand and she just stepped off. I sat at the tank with the tv on in the background and with a net in hand for three hours! ready to pull her out if things turned bad but luckily it was a success, when they first met she walked up to him and he just rolled on his back and she walked over him! I couldn't believe it! She's still weiry of him though he follows her around at times, doesn't seem to be chasing her but saying "Helloooo Nurse!!! Come to daddy!" :lol:

She's been there for a month now and everyone still has all their limbs! Never know, might even here the pitter patter of lots of tiny feet!
Here's a couple of pics to show them together, She's the one on the bottom in the first one and then on the right in the other two. Thanks for reading.

DSCN5173.jpg

DSCN5171.jpg

DSCN5170.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back