Lobophyllia

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nice, got it here in one piece, acclimated and added to the tank. There is also a Stomatella Varia that hitchhiked on the underside of it, not sure what to think of him since Ive never actually seen one before. From what Ive read theyre safe. The lobo itself is about 4"x5", and was only $31. The low cost leaves room for some possible candy corals next week. I'll post some pics tonight :)

I used to have a Lobophyllia but killed it trying to frag. However, I imagine that the fragging wouldn't have killed it if the water wasn't already a toxic soup of allelopaths. It just wasted away over the next few weeks.

Well...never took any pics :p It's a really creepy lime green color, like slime from Nickelodeon :D At the LFS I noticed the skeleton or atleast little while spikes were sticking out in one little area, then when I got it home and acclimated I noticed way more...Im assuming this is just something that happens when the lobo is stressed as there are less and less showing everytime I look. I wanted to wait until none were showing to take pics but now it's lights out. Tomorrow will be a better time anyways since it will have fully adjusted.

Yes, flesh retracted to the skeleton is an indication of stress. Lobos are some of the more sensitive of the LPS, so make sure it has good calc/alk and low phosphate

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back