Loads of new fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
Went to my local fish store today and they had just received their monthly shipment from the Czech republic.

Had some beautiful Apistogramma "double Reds", some unusual Kribs, Rio Atabapo whiptails, large threadfin rainbows, black Rubys barbs :wub: fishkeeps dream but the Tetrazona "gold" were just incredible and stole the show for me. Stunning
Screenshot_20200219-200015_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200219-200035_Facebook.jpg

Even more of a surprise i didnt come out with anything lol

Went to my local fish store today and they had just received their monthly shipment from the Czech republic.

Had some beautiful Apistogramma "double Reds", some unusual Kribs, Rio Atabapo whiptails, large threadfin rainbows, black Rubys barbs :wub: fishkeeps dream but the Tetrazona "gold" were just incredible and stole the show for me. Stunning

Even more of a surprise i didnt come out with anything lol
Phew - thought you were about to say they were bagged up while you brought your van around to the back door :whistle:

Phew - thought you were about to say they were bagged up while you brought your van around to the back door :whistle:
"aged up while you brought your van around to the back door..."! That is the funnies thing I've read in a long while. Seriously! You just described my life since the late 1960s when I got a 10-gallon tank for Christmas. Once a fish person, always a fish person: I scaled back (get it? get it?) for a few years, then my big pair of 3-spot gouramis surprised me w/hundreds of fry ~ which sent me out of the gate at a dead run, determined to get a few of these fish, and those fish, and a small school of those, a pair of these... Anyhow, now that I've read about the new fish arriving in someone else's town, I want to go to MY LFS (maybe see if they want some young gouramis, too).

Lol :D in truth i think they hadnt planned for such a big delivery of fish to arrive right smack in the middle of half term school hols.

Must of been mayhem for them with all that to do why its busy with customers. I decided to go back the weekend to have a good look when its a little less chaotic. The new fish will be ready then ;)

It has been a very long time since I walked the streets of London, I was site seeing and backpacking and now wish I had walked into one of the LFS when I was there just to see any difference.;)

You don't want large threadfin rainbows (Iriatherina werneri) because they are old and only live for another 1-2 years. Buy young fish and they live longer.

Ruby barbs are readily available from most pet shops. However, most shops won't get them in unless someone orders them. The shops prefer tiger barbs for some reason. I never really understood why when ruby barbs are better coloured and much more peaceful.

Im done with Rainbows but thought they looked usual. They do stock the Rubys quite often but like you say shops must perfer the tigers as they are much more in abundance.

I suppose the Tigers are much more well known compared to the Ruby. They seem to always have small and large tigers instock. The gold tigers they had in yesterday were massive.

I agree with buying them young

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back