Loaches

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Doggfather

Al Bundy
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Next week, i will be setting up a new tank (25 gallon) to breed chocolate gourami, it will have a sand substrate, with a small amount of peat under it. Half of it will be heavily planted with wisteria, and it will have medium to low lighting, there will be some caves also...anyway, i'm looking for a loach to act as a bottom feeder, Ryan suggested Chain Loaches, which i cannot obtain for quite a while, so, any other loaches that would appriciate these condition?

Sounds like the perfect loach hotel to me. I think you could go with many of the loach family. Do check what their needs are though as some like to be with a few of their own kind.

ALASKA

I wouldn't go with a boisterous species of loach like large Clowns. But there are still plenty of options-

Zebras Loaches
Horsefaced Loaches
Queens Loaches
Polkadot Loaches

Zebras Loaches
Horsefaced Loaches
Queens Loaches
Polkadot Loaches

i'll check these guys out, keep them in a group of 3?

i wouldnt get polka dot loaches because their constant bickering and movement might upset the breeding. mine always case easch other around and some times other fish.

Zipper loaches would be really good for your tank. They are about the best tempered fish I've seen. They also have bursts of activity which causes my tetras to shoal with them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back