Loaches & Pims

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Pufferpack

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. :/

Would Kuli loaches be safe in a tank with Pictus Cats...or just another snack?

...I'm hoping that the stripped patern may deter the cats, maybe I watch too many nature shows but I know that some species in nature display striped paterns to warn predators that they are poison (such as sea snakes) and experiments have been done with striped patterns on diving suits to help prevent Shark attacks. :crazy:

I have never kept khulis with pictus but i keep them with banjo cats and i know they will eat anything small when they want too and young khulis have been known to be a menu item! Never kept pictus cats either..... i would guess no, as they may be food ( although they are quick off the blocks) pehaps some others have kept pictus! never had room for them untill now ( what an idea!!!

All pim species have suprisingly large mouths and will eat anything they can fit into it and they all go crazy for worms (khulis look a bit worm like) ,Mostanks is right they will be lunch sooner or later.

Cryosi got to ask why do you have so many khulis?I have 5 in one of my tanks and i rarely see them,do they behave differently in larger numbers?

Thanks all.

Thats what I figured, but I thought I'd ask. I know my Pim goes mental for earth worms, so I won't even attempt the Khuli's.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back