Loaches and Catfish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I've always thought loaches are neat, but while I was originally setting up my 10 gallon, I read that they will attack corys, so I never got one. I was wondering if cory's and loaches can be alright together, and if there are any loaches that would be small enough for a ten gallon. Any advice/info would be much appreciated. :)

well ive heard of clown loaches many of times gettin along with cories but your tank will not suit even one clown loach and they need to be shoaled.. So im sure there are many loaches that will get along with em but i dont know the right one for you :/

there are a few loaches you could keep, how about a few khulis, althou i would have a larger tank to keep more, or a gold sucking loach something like that! sure someone knows more about loaches than me

Hi dixaisy930 :)

I've had kuhlii and horseface loaches together with my corys with no problems. The kuhliis are small loaches which are colorful and funny when kept in a small group. :thumbs: I think you would like them.

cryosi said:
there are a few locjes you could keep, how about a few khulis, althou i would have a larger tank to keep more, or a gold sucking loach something like that! sure someone knows more about loaches than me
A golden sucking loach is another name for Chinese Algae Eater (CAE) and as such are evil, evil, evil! :crazy:

They are vicious, territorial, attack other fish and grow to a foot long. So I wouldn't consider it suitable.

Hmmm, like i said before in another post not all sucking loaches are fish killers and very few will ever reach 12" , in fact ive never seen one over 7" ever and 4" is the most common size for them to grow to. Like any fish some can be aggressive and they are territorial so are not suited for small tanks but i have had a CAE in a 30g community tank for about 6 years with no problems what so ever.

STOP THE CAE WITCH HUNT!!!!!!

CFC said:
Hmmm, like i said before in another post not all sucking loaches are fish killers and very few will ever reach 12" , in fact ive never seen one over 7" ever and 4" is the most common size for them to grow to. Like any fish some can be aggressive and they are territorial so are not suited for small tanks but i have had a CAE in a 30g community tank for about 6 years with no problems what so ever.

STOP THE CAE WITCH HUNT!!!!!!
OK. But I defended CAEs in other posts :*)

If you have the right community, they're fine. My friend kept one with livebearers for years without problems. It's just that if you get the wrong tank, and the wrong tank mates, they're nightmares.

They can grow to 11" long. My friend's was easily 10", although he wouldn't keep still to be measured.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back