FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Yaaaay, a new forum :wub:

Do my queen botias have the same switchblade defense that clowns have? :huh:

Yes they do, all botia species have the spikes just below the eyes which they use for defence and fighting with one and other.

What does a queen botia look like? I have never heard of one or seen one. I LOVE my clown loaches. They are the BEST!!
Deb

>>> What does a queen botia look like?

Imagine a Clown that is basically yellow instead of pinkish, and has 8-9 thinner black vertical stripes and you've pretty much got Botia Dario. I'll try to find a nice picture.

I posted a pic in the forum once, I'll see if I can dig one up,they're kind of like mini clowns

Are you sure the queen loaches aren't mistakenly called queens? The pic you posted looks to me like the tiger loach picture in one of my fish books. I have actually been looking for them as they don't grow as large as the clowns.
Deb

>>> aren't mistakenly called queens?

Unfortunately, such is the way with common names. Many species have several common names. The name I used to see Botia dario under most often was "Banded Botia" for example - all the same fish.

according to my lfs they were queen botias, I researched and found them on loaches.com as queen under the botia species ;). The "queen's" is merely what I refer to them as :lol:

AWESOME WEBSITE!!! I LOVE LOACHES! I guess there are so many of them. The book I had said Tiger Loaches and the Loach site says Queen. So I guess my book was wrong. Anyway, they are adorable. I want some. I really love my liitle Loachy, Spanky and Jarr Jarr!! Keep us up tp date on their antics.
Debo

Most reactions

trending

Back