Llj's 8G... Yuma/zoanthid Garden

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I have always been extremely jealous about how you covered the rocks in this tank. I absolutely love and enjoy looking a all your photos in this lovely tank!

-Tyler

Thanks, Tyler. :)

My boyfriend's favorite tank is the Biocube. Not that I dislike the Biocube, but mine is this one. There's just something I really enjoy about this tank.

Both corals are doing well. Extended and very pretty. It'll be a tough call deciding where they go. I also moved that acropora from the biocube. I am just preferring sps corals in this tank, right now, in addition to the corals I already have. I've got the two birdsnest and I may move a red montipora from this tank over to the Biocube. Or find a better place for it, or frag it.

I'll be ordering the scraper tonight. I need to, the coralline is so hard to remove. This tank is also due for a nice photoshoot once the coralline has been managed. It really is a pretty tank.

Not sure I'm sold on Neo, Crazy.

L

Time for peeechurs for this tank too. This tank will be a year in another month and while not as glamorous as the Biocube, it's my favorite tank. I don't plan on adding anything new. I don't think the dottyback or the goby will take to another fish, so I'll leave things as they are. The harlequin shrimp has destroyed the starfish population. I'll need to get him chocolate chip stars now or collect asterinas again from my lfs. The dottyback eats zoa nudibranchs and other pests. I've caught him doing it, so the pest situation is much more under control. I suspect, however, that my very large, grey YWG is now eating my crabs. I don't see them around like I used to and I'm finding empty shells. Naughty YWG. Tiger pistol is still ok, so at least the goby isn't eating him. LOLOL

Been a while since I did a full tank shot. Layout hasn't changed much. I still need to put the stylo and the pocillipora in their permanent spots and a montipora fell down that I need to reglue, but I want them to acclimate to the lighting first. I also moved the freebie acropora to this tank. I also have a pretty severe Coralline algae issue. That's what all that purple is on the glass. The back wall is nearly covered. This is after I removed about 1/3 of it. :crazy: I ordered this yesterday from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180761147696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2750wt_1159

Well anyway, fts

73242abd.jpg

723540bf.jpg

Just so that you know, YWG decided not to take pictures, neither did the harlequin shrimp nor the crabs that are left. Camera shy. The hams today are the dottyback and Bandolero, the skunk cleaner. Clifford the fire shrimp is doing very well, but he hides in the back.

New corals

dea83f5c.jpg

Dottyback with the zoas, my pumpkin yuma (Purty flower) and Frank the fungia.

dd72751f.jpg

Bandolero

f9275085.jpg

More Bandolero, but you see corals too. :D My other pocillipora has grown and grown...

f2981d89.jpg

Left side of the tank. Full, the green paly is way too big. He needs fragging.

4a7a6125.jpg

Another view.

d6ad715b.jpg

Top view. Look at the flow being produced by this Aquaclear 110. This has helped the zoas, IMO. The zoas are looking great in this tank now.

d29de385.jpg

Thanks for looking. I seem to have an affinity for some corals. Palys thrive with me. :)

L

Lissette,

I use this in my tank

http://www.marinedepot.com/Kent_Marine_ProScraper_II_Glass_or_Acrylic_Cleaning_Tool_w_3_Replacement_Glass_Blades_Hand_Held_Algae_Scrapers_Pads-Kent_Marine-KM009751-FIMTASHH-vi.html

and I got the extender for it.. Works magic on that corraline algae. I will be making use of it on the new 90 when it arrives on Friday night. Lots of pics to come with that, promise!.

I really love this tank. I love the ricordea, I love the paly's I love the zoas. It is such a beautiful tank.

-Tyler

Lissette,

I use this in my tank

http://www.marinedepot.com/Kent_Marine_ProScraper_II_Glass_or_Acrylic_Cleaning_Tool_w_3_Replacement_Glass_Blades_Hand_Held_Algae_Scrapers_Pads-Kent_Marine-KM009751-FIMTASHH-vi.html

and I got the extender for it.. Works magic on that corraline algae. I will be making use of it on the new 90 when it arrives on Friday night. Lots of pics to come with that, promise!.

I really love this tank. I love the ricordea, I love the paly's I love the zoas. It is such a beautiful tank.

-Tyler

Thanks, Tyler, my nag scaper arrived today and I put it to good use. It gets to those hard to reach places, cause well, the tank's crammed with corals. :fun:

OOh

The stylo is a thing of beauty!:hyper:

I do like the stylo. Hopefully, it'll do as well as my green stylo is doing.

I mounted the sps today. Some peeechurs... dottyback is always a ham.

2e0f2f0d.jpg

3927a3b7.jpg

Stylo, was sulking a bit after I mounted him.

d2188623.jpg

Pocillipora; very small now, but hopefully will grow as large as my other pocillipora.

57bc3c40.jpg

Mystery acro... sulking too, but extended by the time I left. I want one more acropora for this tank and then I'm done with corals.

b59f5fd1.jpg

Bandolera, the cleaner shrimp.

baee075c.jpg

And look who decided to grace us with her presence today...

74d70435.jpg

And, of course, the dottyback gets VERY jealous when I don't focus my attention on him.

Thanks for looking. Counting the days until this tank turns a year. Happens, August 14th.

L

I have two questions, how do you get the palys and zoos to extend the stalk of the polyp, they look like trees??? And do you dose or feed anything special??? Can you tell us what you feed and dose???

The tanks is sooooo colorful, mesmerized by its beauty, looks like a natural reef, corals growing everywhere and not just in big colonies. I applaud (however you spell it) your comittment to all your tanks, they are FANTASTIC

Thanks for making the reef hobby look good, along with all of the forum's fellow reefers :good:

I have two questions, how do you get the palys and zoos to extend the stalk of the polyp, they look like trees??? And do you dose or feed anything special??? Can you tell us what you feed and dose???

The tanks is sooooo colorful, mesmerized by its beauty, looks like a natural reef, corals growing everywhere and not just in big colonies. I applaud (however you spell it) your comittment to all your tanks, they are FANTASTIC

Thanks for making the reef hobby look good, along with all of the forum's fellow reefers :good:

Palys and zoas have different growing styles. Some grow more like mats and are very low-lying, others have stalks. If, however, you see one that's supposed to grow close to the ground, suddenly shoot up, means you have a light issue. I have other zoas in there that stay compact, so I'm attributing my "stalks" to zoas or palys, that have more of a "paly" growth pattern to them.

I feed my zoas and palys squirts of phytoplankton and zooplanktons. My palys are pigs and will eat anything from pellets to frozen mysis. I regularly feed my palys.

How do you glue your corals on rocks? Do you use superglue or what?

I use Coraffix...

http://www.marinedepot.com/Two_Little_Fishies_CorAffix_2oz_Cyanoacrylate_Adhesive_Reef_Glue_Epoxy_Putty_for_Saltwater_Aquariums-Two_Little_Fishies-TL1631-FIMTEP-vi.html

Be careful with it, though, follow directions.

But you have eagle eye zoas and they have huge stalks :huh:

Btw, Coraffix looks awesome, have you used the putty or just adhesive? Does it work well?

Thanks once again for your dedication to the forum :good:

But you have eagle eye zoas and they have huge stalks :huh:

Btw, Coraffix looks awesome, have you used the putty or just adhesive? Does it work well?

Thanks once again for your dedication to the forum :good:

Hmmmm, may be a condition of my particular eagle eyes. There are so many morphs.

I like Coraffix for attaching frags. For rock, I still use old fashioned putty.

Oh, you're welcome, 56jman. I've enjoyed my time here, but I'm not going anywhere! I'm still here. LOLOL Retired doesn't mean dead, just means retired. :lol:

You'll still have to put up with my journals. Oh... speaking of which...

Guess who turned a year old August 14th? Yep, this old tank here.... :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday:

So let's give this tank the belated birthday celebration it deserves and do a sort of picture recap.

Initial setup...

DSC05876.jpg

First corals...

a92ebbc4.jpg

Taking shape, had a 10k MH

7a4bb535.jpg

Switch to 14k This happened pretty fast like in October

e9f1329e.jpg

DSC06629.jpg

Introducing sps (like in March or April)

ea27adc7.jpg

20k and current layout, as of like July. I'll snap a few shots when I get to my mom's today. :) The switch to 20k was done at around May

d2645ed2.jpg

baee075c.jpg

Enjoy. I hope to maintain this tank as long as possible. It kills me that I don't see it everyday.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back