Llj's 8G Oceanic Biocube

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Yay for the Helfichs! Gorgeous huh! I see them at our wholesalers every time but im not allowed :( nor the huge black sailfin tang that was twice the size of my handspan >.< i believe it was about £800 trade!! :crazy:

Had a Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse for a while, gorgous fish!! Did find it a little picky though, certainly wouldnt trust it with small sexy shrimp or the likes!

Was actually thinking a harlequin shrimp for this one. If I can manage it. I got a small starter colony of asterinas for my 8g fuge. Food for the Harlequin. Perhaps it's big enough?

Hmmmmmm

Can't wait to get this tank. So excited.

I dunno, if I knew 100% I could buy asterinas regularly I would have a harlequin but wouldn't wan to rely on breeding them! I think something in my tank is eating them but can't work out what lol. I'd blame the pistol but don't see him scrabbling over rocks. PITA keeps killing all my snails and I think he's had a sailfin blenny! Not sure I like him at the moment!!

But I'd worry bout having a consistent supply of stars..

But hey.... Get sailfin blennies!!!

I dunno, if I knew 100% I could buy asterinas regularly I would have a harlequin but wouldn't wan to rely on breeding them! I think something in my tank is eating them but can't work out what lol. I'd blame the pistol but don't see him scrabbling over rocks. PITA keeps killing all my snails and I think he's had a sailfin blenny! Not sure I like him at the moment!!

But I'd worry bout having a consistent supply of stars..

That's in the back of my mind too, which is why I started trying to establish them in my 8g refugium. If it doesn't work, then no. I also don't want to feed it chocolate chip starfish. Too big and I can't see myself chopping off a leg right now to feed a harlequin. I'll throw a bunch of asterinas in and let the Harlequin hunt. It's better behavior anyway and a lot less messy.

But hey.... Get sailfin blennies!!!

I like them a lot, they are cute, but with those LEDs, I personally need some more color.

Saw a gorgeous blenny species at our wholesaler and forgot to find out what it was, similar to a sailfin blenny, lived in a barnacle like the sailfin blennies but was bright green and white and had a little orange on its face. They were cute!! and Trimma gobies are lovely too :)

Oooooo, find out what it is!!

I wanna know. :D

Nah! Biulu, I'm redoing my ADA. Still planting away. Got a new thread up & everything :nod: Go check it out. :D

No, a move isn't happening right now. If it did, I'd simply sell the stock. But I've also moved with tanks before across state lines. Part of the reason why i do mainly nanos & picos.

L

Ok, I will! I have the 30 gallon still in boxes but planning on doing an Asian themed biotope in it. I will start a journal soon...

acanthemblemari hancocki ?

Not bright green but got abit of green :blink:

Also sounds really good llj looking forward to pics :good:

Very similar! Think they did have red eyes like that... but the ones i saw were much brighter green :S :S and im sure it had a white belly

Hhmm not sure I wonder wether male and female differ :blink:

Many blennies have sexual dimorphism, so that wouldn't surprise me if that were the case with the blenny in question.

Ok, time for the moment of truth. Tank arrived yesterday!

:drink: :band: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :cool: :kana: :drink: :band:

I know, I know, why didn't I post this yesterday?! :big_boss: Well, I got slammed with a head cold yesterday and feel awful. So now, I'm stuck in bed and able to catch up.

He kept the original packaging. How awesomely anal is that? It arrived in excellent condition. :D
20f82e69.jpg

Pink towels are an added bonus. :good:
0c44cbd6.jpg

Empty tank
aae4bafe.jpg

The controller. This is sick. The LCD is easy to read and he called me on Skype to walk me through the process. When I do the setup on Saturday, he'll be walking me through the process as well. The second gen controller will have a case. I'll get that in maybe a month or so. I ran the lights for a spell and found it very easy to work with.
9763a5ed.jpg

This the lighting itself. You can see how well put together it is. Awesome, I was extremely impressed with the work that Nanobox did with this custom setup. One of the most aesthetically pleasing upgrades I've seen. It almost looks like the biocube actually came that way.
a9b4f9a1.jpg

All the components of the tank. You have the cords for the light, the fans, a printer cable to connect the controller to my laptop, the program to work the lights (flashdrive), the upgraded pump, Fluke by Christopher Moore (hehe, Monochrome wanted me to read it), two submersable halogen bulbs to run my in tank refugium, the fishsaver (almost out of the picture), and the upgraded media rack with the hydor flow inside.
843d5856.jpg

Of course, now the moment of truth, what do these lights look like?

Default setting. I think this at like 25% intensity. Haha, may put it at close to full so you can see. Of course I won't run that way. Haha, unless people are curious to see what perhaps Venus looks like? :lol:
569435b0.jpg

And finally some video of the Thunderstorm.

I wanted to start the leak test yesterday, but I was too sick by then and just went to bed. I may try it later today if I feel up to it.

Thanks for looking. I'm very excited to finally be able to show you pictures.

L

Very cool lights are amazing :drool:

Thats so awesome!

Very cool lights are amazing :drool:

Yes, I'm super satisfied with the lights too. I ran the storm again yesterday, cause, I could. LOLOLOL

Leak test went great! I can give the tank a good clean tonight (haha, still has some planted tank gunk on it) and then do the setup tomorrow. Monochrome5 will be walking me through the setup tomorrow, especially with regard to the computer program for the lighting. Managed to get the chambers to work, so I'm good on that end. It's pretty quiet. I like it, I hear a bit of a running water sound, but I find it soothing. Fans are super quiet.

L

I'm really liking that lightening. :good: A sub in the cabinet for thunder would be awesome!

A wave maker to change the current during the lightening effect would be awesome.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back