Liverpool F.c

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

[email protected]

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Liverpool Football Club this evening confirmed they had reached agreement for the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, subject only to a medical. - HOW GUTTING IS THAT. HE WAS BY FAR ONE OF OUR BEST PLAYERS!!!!

Liverpool Football Club this evening confirmed they had reached agreement for the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, subject only to a medical. - HOW GUTTING IS THAT. HE WAS BY FAR ONE OF OUR BEST PLAYERS!!!!

he was last season but he got treated like poo by Rafa the year before!! with MASCHERANO not happy as well I;m happy

im glad he left as we have pool 1st game,and everytime ive seen him play he's been awesome!!

great player,shame like said above he was treated like pants!!

all but chelsea have a "weakend" side this year,should be interesting

Around £30m for a player we couldn't sell for £12m last summer? not bad business that.

I think last season was a one off, he was proving a point because Rafa tried to replace him. The previous 2 seasons he'd been about average and had gone a bit stale. I'mnot happy to see him go and I'm not sure about Aquilani, but once Alonso wanted to go, I think it would have been daft to try and keep him what's more, now Real's silly spending is over,prices will drop again.

It could be worse, we could have sold by far our best player and the man responsible for a third of all our goals in the last 2 seasons, while many of the rest of the squads best players are knocking on retirements door. ;)

Alonso, while a good player was not by far one of our best players, he was good, but in terms of importance to the team he'd be behind Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano, Reina, Carragher, Kuyt. We managed to hammer manyoo 4:1 in their own back yard and Alonso wasn't playing then, so while he's a loss, we can win without him.

Arfie

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back