Livebearers

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

glassfrog

Reaction score
Reading late night ( mistake ) in a atlas and come across a rather plain looking blue eyed live bearer . I think it belonged in the molly family . My question is am I imagining this or is there such a fish. I canā€™t find it again. It seemed to be compatible with Black Mollies but didnā€™t say about hybrids. Any clues appreciated .

Maybe an endler is that what you are talking about. Also rainbow fish i know that they have blue eyes but they arent live bearers.

Reading late night ( mistake ) in a atlas and come across a rather plain looking blue eyed live bearer . I think it belonged in the molly family . My question is am I imagining this or is there such a fish. I canā€™t find it again. It seemed to be compatible with Black Mollies but didnā€™t say about hybrids. Any clues appreciated .
Look on the forum for "black molly with blue eyes??" under "what's new" you will see a picture of one.

There are multiple species of livebearers that have blue eyes. But if youĀ“re talking about a plain looking fish, it could be a Priapella species. Priapella species can have blue eyes as well.
Overhere one of the Priapella species called Priapella olmecae.

There are multiple species of livebearers that have blue eyes. But if youĀ“re talking about a plain looking fish, it could be a Priapella species. Priapella species can have blue eyes as well.
Overhere one of the Priapella species called Priapella olmecae.
Great Caesars ghost ! ! You have guided the lost to land of knowledge . I found a Priapella here , home range Mexico. Traded under the name Blue Eyed live bearer. Have to check the particulars. Many thanks.

Great Caesars ghost ! ! You have guided the lost to land of knowledge . I found a Priapella here , home range Mexico. Traded under the name Blue Eyed live bearer. Have to check the particulars. Many thanks.
Iā€™ve looked for a info sheet on Priapella intermedia and canā€™t find anything. Any ideas? Thanks.

Iā€™ve looked for a info sheet on Priapella intermedia and canā€™t find anything. Any ideas? Thanks.
I've kept Priapella intermedia in the past as well.
1580216028365.png

Well, this picture is from my own site. Here's a link: http://www.emeraldking-aquatics.com/livebearer9
It's an informative site and not a commercial one.

There are more Priapella species besides P.intermedia and P.olmecae.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back