Livebearer Biotope?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sanj

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i have decided that i am going to setup my empty Ri0 240 primarily for breeding Endlers livebearers.

However this is a tank in my living room, the smallest of three...yes its cramped!

What would be good companions? Looking for pretty much regional fish. DEFINATLEY NO GUPPIES..they would degrade my Endlers, although ihave heard mixed comments over the viability of hybrids to reproduce.

Even so no guppies.

I guess platties an ,ollies wouldnt pose any interbreeding issues, what about corys? or other mid an lower water species?

my tap water is about 7.4 but it tends to go down in my other aqauriums to about 7.0 ish

Hmmmm, I was going to suggest Tetras but they look on fry as Crunch 'n Munch so that won't work in a breeding tank! :X Corydoras seem to exist perfectly happily with all my tetras and guppies so they'd be great together with Endlers and not competing for the same levels in the tank either (so no space crunch). The only interaction I've noticed between the guppies and cories is when the guppies try swiping the cories' shrimp pellets and the cories have to sit on their food to hide it and the guppies try to bump them off it. Quite funny to watch actually. I hope your Endlers have better manners! Good luck with your plans. :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back