Live Plants for my 55 gallon!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dmpfishlover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just ordered some live plants for my 55 gal tank. I should receive them sometime next week. I am so excited!!!! :yahoo:

Here is what I have ordered:

5 Amazon Swords
5 Anubias nana petite
5 Jungle Val
5 Cryptocoryne Red
5 Java Moss
and floating Salvinia Minima

I can't wait to see the plants in my tank. Hopefully they survive the shipment in good shape. Fingers crossed......:fish:

Swords and crypts are great plants!
But heads up with crypts--they tend to melt at first when newly added. It's normal. Leave them be and they will grow back once they get over the shock of being planted in a new environment

Can't wait to see how you plant them!

Sounds like a nice verity of plants, I just picked up some Java and crested ferns from Petco, I was told the supply chain is officialy broken as far as fish and many plants are concern and they are looking for local providers to suppy the store with fish.

Sounds like a nice verity of plants, I just picked up some Java and crested ferns from Petco, I was told the supply chain is officialy broken as far as fish and many plants are concern and they are looking for local providers to suppy the store with fish.
Plants, other than the basics, are even slim Pickens online :(

Swords and crypts are great plants!
But heads up with crypts--they tend to melt at first when newly added. It's normal. Leave them be and they will grow back once they get over the shock of being planted in a new environment

Can't wait to see how you plant them!
I had read that so I am prepared for that..thanks!!

I ordered from Jacob's Aquarium... I've heard good things about his company and all of the reviews were good. I had a hard time finding plants on other sites so hopefully the plants arrive in good condition.

The guy at petco who told me that the supply chain is officially broken said that many of the plants and fish are ordered from China. I had ordered something from China on Ebay over 4 months ago and contacted the seller who checked into it and told me just last week that there is still a major back log at their port warehouses and stuff stacked up for months without moving out. They are just now starting to move things but not very fast.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back