live / frozen food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ruffmeister

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
at the minute my community tank of guppies / platys and mollies just mainly eat micro pellets, but i fell this is a bit boring having the same except none of my lfs sell live food for some reason and when i did give them daphnia i seem to introuce disease into the tank.

so was wondering for me in the UK where if i can can i order live food online and also whats better for them frozen / live / dried based around what i have said

my fish have the normal , flake , pellets and algea wafers , so have a bit of variety , i find the fresh live food is ok , but unless you live next door to a lfs not always an viable option, so i go for the frozen , my fish absolutely adore it ,and i can have different varieties on hand in the freezer, so they can have different things different times..most lfs stock the frozen varieties, hope this helps :) pebbles

in that case frozen seems to be most viable, is it safe to feed that and not intorucd disease also what variety of frozen would you reccommend for my set up

I would suggest frozen food because it kills parasites. I don't suggest the live foods unless you were to cultivate them yourself.

My guppies and platies seem to love bloodworms, brine shrimp, and even dried tubifex worms. They're not really picky.

You could also grow algae on some rocks and place that in the tank because livebearers love to pick at algae.

Hi ruffmeister, and any one else interested.

I will be selling Adult Brine Shrimp online, in the very near future (within two months), after I set up my new breeding establishment.

It will be this long as I am moving house in the next few weeks.

You will be able to buy them through my Web site, Angel Paradise, see link in my Sig.

hey, i know this is a little off topic but i was just wondering if it's ok to feed them a little bit of raw prawn or crab or fish every now & then?

Frozen food is good. It is nearly all treted with gamma radiation to kill off any nasties in it so it will not introduce disease into your tank. Remember that just like Humans fish like variety and just feeding them flake food etc forever will make them bored.

the way they scoff their food they dont look bored but i feel some frozen food could be on their little way

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back