Live Fish Shipping

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cupofjoel

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I plan on ordering for the first time fish online. The place I would order from uses Fedex and they need someone to be at the door to sign upon arrival of the package. The problem is I live in an apartment complex that requires vendors to have to go through main set of doors and need a key to use the elevators...all before they can even reach my door. Has anyone received live fish that live in a similar complex like mine?

How are packages normally handled in your building? Do packages go to a leasing office and are signed by staff there or something else?

For anything that requires a signature, drivers will sometimes go the extra step to contact the person on the billing address via phone (DHL has done this for me) if you live in a complex that they can’t access. Other times they simply leave the package unattended by the front door or return the package to sender without making an attempt to deliver (FedEx has done this numerous times to me). I guess it really depends on the driver and how packages are normally delivered to your building. In my many experiences however, it’s normal for the driver to simply send the package back to sender if he/she would have to call you, few people are willing to go the extra mile to do the right thing unfortunately.

Last edited:
If you have a tracking number and know approximately when it would arrive you could try and wait for them at the door and sign there?

Can u leave a note on the door on day of expected arrival and have them call you or ring your bell. Tell them u will come down to meet them within one minute of being notified. If you can, go on the fedx site and leave delivery instructions, that may work too.

How are packages normally handled in your building? Do packages go to a leasing office and are signed by staff there or something else?

For anything that requires a signature, drivers will sometimes go the extra step to contact the person on the billing address via phone (DHL has done this for me) if you live in a complex that they can’t access. Other times they simply leave the package unattended by the front door or return the package to sender without making an attempt to deliver (FedEx has done this numerous times to me). I guess it really depends on the driver and how packages are normally delivered to your building. In my many experiences however, it’s normal for the driver to simply send the package back to sender if he/she would have to call you, few people are willing to go the extra mile to do the right thing unfortunately.
Things aren't consistent at my building. Most of the time things are left in the Amazon hub and I get a code on my phone to go get my package. Not sure what Fedex does. I hope they call me to come down if they can't get in the building. Buying fish online seems pretty stressful if you don't own a home where they can leave it at your front door.

If you have a tracking number and know approximately when it would arrive you could try and wait for them at the door and sign there?
that sounds like a great plan. I'll most likely have a tracking number so theoretically I could try and go down to meet them once they arrive.

call Fed ex and see if you can have them call you when driver is en-route. DHL does this already for packages needing signature. You may need the tracking info first though.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back