Live Dropcam Feed Of My 40 Gallon Community

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gvilleguy

Fish Herder
Reaction score
This is kind of cool. I was playing around with my dropcam settings and found the setting to make the feed public. So I turned off the mic sound and flipped it to a public feed and pointed it at my aquarium. Check out the feed here:

http://dropc.am/p/GvilleGuy

So next time I have a problem/question I can say "can you look at my live tank?"...

Let me know if it actually works or not. I know it will not work on IOS, as it requires flash.

Wow thats pretty neat, i like it! 
good.gif

Cool. Glad it works! Maybe I will just put that link in my signature.

Last night I realized after the tank lights went out that you could just see the inside of my house reflected in the tank. Not wanting a people spy cam, I set the camera to match my tank lights 4:30 to 9:30 PM EST. I will feed them at 5:00 today if I am in the house then...

Im watching your tank because mine is boring haha. Anyway, does the dropcam cost $199 per year or $199 as long as you want it?

Ellie I bought a dropcam (not Dropcam Pro) in June. It was on sale at Amazon for $130 US. I do not need the DVR feature, which is where motion triggered events are recorded and kept on the dropcam servers. That requires a monthly fee I think. So I do not pay any on going fees and can still do the live streaming.

Blue sword are you on Chrome? I pulled the feed up on chrome last night on my laptop and it just gave me a black screen. I figured out that chrome was blocking the java popup from running and got it running finally. It worked on IE as well.

Im on chrome with no issues... Even my add block does touch it... 

I am on chrome, I tried it a few times, first with just refreshing, then new tabs, then a whole new page of webbyness. Still no luck, but I will try again. 

Looks good and works great on my BlackBerry Z10.
Please don't forget about it and give everyone a free show.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back