live bearer's

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NickT

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ive been brain storming a live bearer breeding setup using 3 55g or 50g tanks. I want to divide them off 3 ways with standard store bought dividers.
i plan on using a 40 watt UV sterilizer and possibly building my own automated water changing system.

the part I'm stuck thinking about is filtration. wold it be a good idea to have all of the tanks filtered in a central refugium style tank? if so what kind of filter should i use in it? i was looking at the eheim 2229 it does 229 GPH but i have no idea if i need a powerhead or how these things work. if any one has done this or something similar give me some ideas on what other things i should do the make it as simple as possible so i can do this in my spare time.

Well I don't know but I did something similar a while ago with a couple of 30 gallons and split them up so I could breed several pairs (gouramies) at once but then I'd just remove the dividers and raise all the fry together rather than have to deal with moving fry from spawns which were larger to new tanks etc... What I did was just use a sponge filter in each section as they were relatively cheap and wouldn't suck up my fry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back