FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Can you guys give me some advice on what these little worm things are? These pics are from my 15 column with cherry shrimp and oto catfish, I had guppy fish in there but moved the last one out about 10 days ago. I noticed these little worms in the substrate and on the almond leaves I have in the tank. Are these some kind of parasite? Do I need to get rid of them? If so, how?

Attachments

• 20200806_122320.jpg
    20200806_122320.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 20200806_122353.jpg
    20200806_122353.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 120
Detritus worms. They feed on debris in the substrate. Vaccum the substrate more and they'll go away. Harmless :)
Ok, I was getting worried. This particular almond leaf has been deteriorating much faster than usual, and my water change is scheduled for tonight. That is a relief.

They show up due to over feeding, the excess food ends up in the gravel and they show up to eat it. Cut back on the amount you feed your fish and it will reduce the chances of them showing up.

They show up due to over feeding, the excess food ends up in the gravel and they show up to eat it. Cut back on the amount you feed your fish and it will reduce the chances of them showing up.
I need to cut down even more than I have then. I am used to needing to put in more due to the guppy males eating the wafers meant for my shrimp and my otos.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back