Little Worms?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NeonNeptune

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
After I put an anubias in my tank snails started appearing. I expected this could happen but something else is in my tank. I have recently seen little worms wiggling around in my tank. But my fish love to eat them! Should I be worried about this? I do regular water changes and all the food i put in the tank is eaten up by the fish. :thanks:

Sounds like Planaria, they live on uneaten food :)

Try feeding with the filter/anything that causes water movement off and feed only the amount your fish can consume in a minute. If there is anything left on the substrate after a minute than you have fed too much.

Can they eat microscopic food? I always make sure the fish eat their food but I suppose there will always be pieces that I can't see and I do water changes. So are they harmless?

If they suddenly appeared with the introduction of new plants they are probably tubifex worms (very thin and reddish and live in the substrate) Fish LOVE to eat them. They should diminish with the fish eating them and also dont over feed and give good gravel vacs/substrate cleans with each waterchange.
cheers

If they suddenly appeared with the introduction of new plants they are probably tubifex worms (very thin and reddish and live in the substrate) Fish LOVE to eat them. They should diminish with the fish eating them and also dont over feed and give good gravel vacs/substrate cleans with each waterchange.
cheers
When tubifex are babies are they whiter in color? these are a lot smaller than regular tubifex but I know a lot of animals are lighter in color when they are babies. :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back